CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

Help!

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2008, 01:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help!

OK so I recently pulled my carbs and cleaned them, I was having problems with what I think was one of the float/needle valves. Allthough im not sure...I just kept fouling plugs and it seemed like it was flooding the motor sometimes....I allso have a bad petcock but that shouldnt matter as long as I turn off the gas while the bike is sitting.....So I went out and ran the bike for a while after the cleaning...ran fine..everything seemed good...allthough it still seemed to be flooding everynow and then......then yesterday..went to take it out...and when i started it up...and turned on the gas...it started pouring out of the carb breather tube......I took the tanke off...opened up the intake box and there was gas on the butterflys of the carbs....so then I pulled the plugs....all wet and fouled.........Im at a loss of what it could be...I mean the float needles seemed to be fine......and seemed to have a good seal when id close them and blow into the gas intake I could not feel or hear any leaks.....any thoughts would be appreciated....Oh and sorry if I dont respond on this thread soon..im going out of town for a month as of friday night and wont be able to get on. Thanks!

Old 03-26-2008, 02:03 PM
Default RE: Help!

I'd still say you have issues with your petcock, even in the off position. I had mine go bad 2 years ago, and it would run fine with the selector in the off position. Sounds like your still getting fuel through it. The F2 has a vacumn operated petcock that is designed to let fuel through only when running, but if the valve goes bad all bets are off.

Old 03-26-2008, 10:08 PM

Well when I tested my petcock it did not flow in the off position...but did in the on and reserve....so that shouldnt matter while the bike is running because the float needles should controll the gas flow into the motor...unless both are bad...which is what im guessing is happening

Old 03-27-2008, 12:36 PM

Ok...new theory. So I just noticed that there is a puddle of gas under my tank...that is off the bike...with the petcock in the OFF position...so that must have gotten worse....and when the bike was sitting...it flooded...and when I went to start it...it started right up..and was idleing.....which is when I noticed the gas coming out of the breather tubes on the carbs.........so I need to replace my petcock.....Im confused on wheather the F3 petcock will work or not?