CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

, Strange Engine Noise

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2007, 10:30 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: , Strange Engine Noise

i sorta havethe same problem....its not to loud at the time......but dont want itto get any worse....and its still the stock cct ....so its a start anyways....

Old 04-16-2007, 09:44 AM

could someone show me where its located on the engine i think its time to change mine

Old 04-16-2007, 02:07 PM

Here is some cam chain theory,

Honda's cam chain tensioner is operated by oil pressure, therefore if yours is worn out it won't be able to put enough tension on the cam chain until the oil warms up/ presurizes. That is why when you rev it a few times the noise usually goes away (unless your cct is really shot) Really just get a manual cct and put that in. APE makes the best one that i know of. As for the location 1stbike, it is on the right side of your bike, (you will have to take off that side fairing, it is the thing with two bolts on either side of it that is pointing forward and down. I don't know how to do the pictures yet but if you search for cam chain tensioner on the fourm i know that there are several threads and how too's on it.

Old 04-16-2007, 02:32 PM

Isn't therea reason why the Honda one runs within a certainspec. though. The cct takes up the slack in a worn chain doesn't it. By just changing the cct,you'll still have a worn chain surely, wouldn't you ?...

Old 04-16-2007, 03:27 PM

The_Bishop,

The reason honda runs a cam chain tensioner that is hydraulic is so that the tension in the chain is auto adjusting. (no maintenence) but they wear out and quit working. The cam chain in a honda engine is designed with slack in it to be taken up by the tensioner. (even a new cam chain is loose) Cam chains do wear yes but not in 25,000 miles. Mabie at 50,000 miles you might have to think about changing it. but not that soon. Just as a comparison a car's timing belt is usually replaced at about 100k miles. So accounting for the high performance aspect of the engineI would guess about 50,000 miles. I don't claim to know the exact numbers but i know that no engine should have to have their timing belt/cam chain, changed in 25,000 miles. Speaking of, anyone know the milage of when honda recomends that you change your cam chain? I would think that most bikes get crashed/parted out before that happens.

Old 09-22-2008, 05:06 PM

okfolks one suny day my f2 starts to make a horible noise like nails in a blender so
i came ito the cbr forum and a guy say "change the CCT" i went to honda dealer and i buy a new CCT i put ti into a cup then i render oil in to the cup and i shake it and leave it there for 5 horus then i replace the old one for the new one and it make that niose for 20 secs then like art of magic the noise desapered and i said holy smokesĀ” since that dayi ride hapy like a guy on its CBR 600 F2 i think its time to give mantainance to your bikes and replace old parts and give valve service too those bikes are from the 90s and we are in 2008open your eyes

Old 06-28-2009, 05:44 PM

ok here we go hello everyone i own a 2000 cbr 600 f4 it had a problem of over heating so i filled up the coolant and i was riding it it has lots of power i was about three blocks away from home and it started making this weired rattling ticking noise so i took it easy i got right out side of my drive way then bam it died making this weired like compression noise i have no clue what the bleep happened.i am going to change the oil and filter and if any one knows why it is doing this can you please help i got like 40'000 kilomitors on it...outher than that when it heats up and then i shut it off i go start it up 5 minutes later and it runs fine then i go put it in gear and it stalls.if i leave it sit for 20 minutes it starts woring again.thanks for your time.

Old 06-28-2009, 05:56 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

check your thermostat

Old 06-28-2009, 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by jalate compa
okfolks one suny day my f2 starts to make a horible noise like nails in a blender so
i came ito the cbr forum and a guy say "change the CCT" i went to honda dealer and i buy a new CCT i put ti into a cup then i render oil in to the cup and i shake it and leave it there for 5 horus then i replace the old one for the new one and it make that niose for 20 secs then like art of magic the noise desapered and i said holy smokesĀ” since that dayi ride hapy like a guy on its CBR 600 F2 i think its time to give mantainance to your bikes and replace old parts and give valve service too those bikes are from the 90s and we are in 2008open your eyes

on the forums it tells you to get a aftermarket CCT from ebay so the noise doesnt happen at all. not the honda cct which still makes it rattle (hence them talking about starting your bike and having a loud embarassing noise) ,...hi.

Last edited by shardoflard; 06-28-2009 at 09:26 PM.
Old 11-21-2009, 03:37 PM

I will try with the manual cct, the one from ebay then i will let you know what happen.

Quick Reply: , Strange Engine Noise