CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

, Strange Engine Noise

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2007, 01:41 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default , Strange Engine Noise

I don't know if this is normal or what. My 92 F2 makes this weird clunk noise when idle,(sorta like the lifters inside the engine are not getting any oil) so the engine keeps make this knocking noise, (up and down, up and down...clanckclanckclanckclanckclanckclanckclanckc lanckclanckc) it is soo damn annoying. What's your opinion guys. The bike ride perfect and I recently cleaned the carbs and installed brand new sparkplugs. Get at me please. Thanks

[IMG]local://upfiles/15289/5D0BBB9E275145E0A471C6977EE655A8.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-03-2007, 09:16 AM
Default RE: , Strange Engine Noise

It may be the cam chain tensioner (CCT)...Search this forum, there are posts for how to check...

Old 04-03-2007, 03:13 PM

cbrpsycho, I have the same problem, except my bike stalled at a light. my bike started to run really rough, then it stalled and wouldnt start. Once I got to a parking lot and got my bike started again it ran crappy and was making this craxy clackityclack or clankclank sound. So i limped it home and checked the forum. I just changed the oil on Thursday and I am going to do sparkplugs Tomm. I went ahead a ordered a new Cam Chain Adjuster and will hopefully get that on thursday. I will install it and let you know what happens.
PS. my bike ran okay like 3 hours later after the oil had cooled and became more viscous and was able to help the failing Cam chain adjuster work better. The adjuster keeps variable pressure on the cam chain using oil and once the oil was too hot, it wa leaking past the seal in the adjuster and not functioning correctly. At least that what I think...haha, we will see.
Later,
Elisha

Old 04-03-2007, 09:00 PM

The stock CCT is hydraulic and can be replaced with an aftermarket manual CCT...I think by APE...search the forum and you'll find the link...Hope this is your problem, it's a fairly easy and inexpensive repair.

Old 04-04-2007, 12:51 AM

Elisha, please let me know what the case with your bike is. Mine is a 92 F2 600 and yours is ________________?
In any case, since there is traffic in this thread,I would like to ask another question(s).
[code]
*1. Is there anypossible way to decrease the distance between the clutch lever and the left handlebar. Just for kicks, myfront brake lever is about 3 1/2" away from the throttle and my clutch lever isroughly 5" away from the left handlebar.
*2. My clutch lever is HARD as a rock. I try to adjust it to give it more free play, but the clutch disengages even though I am holding the lever so I am forced to keep the cable tight so I can disengage easily. Any ideas on how to smoothen the clutch.

Old 04-04-2007, 03:24 PM

i would get a new clutch cable it makes it smoother to pull in

Old 04-06-2007, 02:32 PM

cbrpsycho, So heres what I got, I replaced the Cam Chain Adjuster with a new one from Honda. Replaced the spark plugs with 4 new NGK ones and checked my oil level. I started it after all the work was done and it was money. I havent been able to ride here in michigan because it is snowing, so I will have to wait. Also, the reason it died was because I had the gas lever set to regular and not reserve, and my tank was at the reserve level, so all I had tyo do was switch the switch over too reserve. But so far it ran awesome in the garage. By the way, my bike isa 1994 F2

Old 04-06-2007, 08:04 PM

How much did it cost for the replacement of the CCT on your bike. When you say money, lol, do you mean it's stopped making that hoopty noise like the engine is about to die. When idle, the engine on my bike is louder than the D&D exhaust I have on.

Old 04-07-2007, 06:31 AM

yeah, by money I mean it stopped making that nutzo noise that it was making. I the noise it was making was deff. louder then my Muzzy exhaust. The part was 63.00 fromt he Honda Stealership. The install is really easy, there is a dude selling a manuel CCT right now, scoop that thing up.

Old 04-07-2007, 05:10 PM

Definately the cam chain tensioner. I would get a manual cct if i were you. I put one on my bike this winter and have been out a few times with it. it sounds so smooth. No idea about the clutch cable though, mine is fine.

Quick Reply: , Strange Engine Noise