CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

Requesting knowledgable advice about F2 idle + engine response + turn signal wiring

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2009, 07:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey all, I'll post up the vid of the bike now. Just a quick question...about the turn signals...

As Hershey said and as I knew...I connected the Red-->Solid Blue + Black-->Solid Green.....the other side is Red-->Solid Orange + Black --> Solid Green.... those are the POWER for the RIGHT and LEFT turn signals and GREEN is the ground. No go.

I connected the
Red-->Blue/White + Black -->Green
Red-->Orange/White + Black --> Green

Both turn signals lit up and stayed on. When I pushed to the left or right, the respective signal light turned off and let the other remain on. When I turn off the blinker, the light comes back on. No Blinking action! Grrrr...is there any reason for this? Do you think that a connection isn't right? Like a wire harness under the gas tank?? :-( I don't want to take it apart again for the Nth time... ::sigh::

EDIT: For the record...I'm not complaining...its just disappointing since I install my own stereo + alarm system on my cars...and I can't succeed on a turn signal for a motorcycle....

UPDATE: The REAR BLINKERS that USE TO BLINK....doesn't either. What can be causing this? A blown fuse? Somewhere?

Last edited by EHUnlucky7x9; 07-15-2009 at 08:03 PM.
Old 07-15-2009, 09:13 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

It's kind of unclear, are you connecting 2 wires to the red wire? or 1 at a time?

Old 07-15-2009, 09:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Connecting only one wire to each. I'm not using one of the wires.

I connected the F2's green wire to the Black wire of the new turn signals.

Now, I connected the blue/white and the orange/white to the positive RED wire of the new turn signals....they light up and stay lit up. I turn on the signal and whatever signal I engage, that light would turn off and stay off until i turned the blinker off.

Just for kicks, i searched on these forums and learned that the SOLID BLUE and the SOLID ORANGE are the "turning" wires. I connected the new turn signals to the SOLID BLUE for one side....and SOLID ORANGE for the other side.... and when I turn the ignition to ON....they don't light up. I try to engage the left or right turn signals....nothing happens.

IN ADDITION...the REAR signals USE to blink...but now it DOESN'T. I checked the fuses in the front, but they are all ok.