CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

Project bike

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2013, 05:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by squale147
is your bike a cali spec model? that may be part of the evap system on cali models..
oh i got that picture off someones else's link its not my bike. i'm just trying to make sure i have everything. i know it sounds weird but the bike didnt even have the airbox to it so i'm just like making sure i have all the pieces or at least everything to make this damn thing run!

Old 09-28-2013, 02:09 PM

Question to anyone who is actually reading this thread:

Just bought a speedometer cable because apperently this bike didnt have one. I then realized after i got it that it doesnt have the speedo gear thing that goes on the front wheel? My question is why in the hell would someone remove this??Dont want to know how fast there going or just to lazy after working on the wheel to hook it up,it baffles me?!

Old 09-29-2013, 12:01 PM
Welcome Crew and ROTY 2014
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by cbrnube1
Question to anyone who is actually reading this thread:

Just bought a speedometer cable because apperently this bike didnt have one. I then realized after i got it that it doesnt have the speedo gear thing that goes on the front wheel? My question is why in the hell would someone remove this??
Well, there's several possibilities, the PO could have a front end from another bike on there, or, maybe they eliminated that gear drive/spacer unit, and replaced it with just an appropriate spacer, maybe because they were getting the speedo signal from another source?

Did the bike have a gauge cluster on it at all? Is it an F2 cluster, or something from an F3 or F4i, or some other model that gets the speedo signal from another source?

Post up some pics of the front end, from several angles, and maybe we can help out with ID'ing what you've got going on.

Old 09-29-2013, 12:37 PM

yes it has a gauge cluster,im not sure if its from a f2 or f3? i'll try to post some pics here an see whats what.

Old 10-02-2013, 08:45 AM

after researching it looks like an f2 cluster on there. so do i have to take off the front wheel to install the gear speedo thing?

Old 10-02-2013, 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by cbrnube1
after researching it looks like an f2 cluster on there. so do i have to take off the front wheel to install the gear speedo thing?
If you indeed need to install one, then yes, you'll need to pull the front wheel, as the front axle passes through the unit, and it attaches to the wheel.

Did you ever get some pics?

Old 10-05-2013, 04:48 PM

i'm gonna deal with the speedometer issue another time. i have bigger issues. i have a leak at the oil cooler,you can see it 'sweating' coolant out at the seal where the cooler cover attaches to the cooler assembly. i mean it starts sweating or leaking as soon as i pour coolant into the radiator? i took the cooler apart and replaced the o-rings but not the big one around the cover. the gasket around the cover doesnt look bad but could it be the cause of leaking immediately out when coolant is added? and when i turn it on it leaks like a bastard! please help!

Old 10-07-2013, 08:35 AM

Well, if you replaced the two round O-Rings inside the cooler, that's good, but that just prevents cross-contamination between oil and coolant, inside the assembly - the larger O-Ring between the oil cooler body and cover, however, is responsible for preventing coolant from leaking outside the assembly.

It's only $7, replace it, along with the ovular O-Ring gasket that seals the upper assembly to the coolant passages in the block (under $2), and then reassemble/remount the cooler to the motor, being certain to use a logical tightening sequence, and the proper torque settings for the bolts, so that things are buttoned up evenly and properly.

This should fix any leak there, unless the surfaces on the cooler's body and cover are damaged, or maybe warped due to them being tightened too much and/or improperly.

Old 10-07-2013, 08:39 AM

Crap... two more things:
Firstly, the seals I'm talking about, are #'s 12 and 36 in this parts fiche:

CRANKCASE SET

Secondly,

Don't sweat this leak, you'll get it fixed up quick and easy, don't worry.

Old 10-07-2013, 10:16 AM
Welcome Crew
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JNSRacing

Secondly,

Don't sweat this leak, you'll get it fixed up quick and easy, don't worry.
I agree We likey pics.... But, as JNS said, this is one of the easier leaks to fix.

Quick Reply: Project bike