CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

Possible F2 Purchase

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2009, 02:17 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Possible F2 Purchase

Im debating on this.. I will be looking at it tomorrow.

The bike has 42k miles (my only dilemma), new chain, sprocket. The fairings on one side are a bit scraped up.. Not too worried about cosmetics though. Will need new tires soonish

It has a yoshi pipe on it and the R/R was replaced with GSXR R/R.

Its a great price $1200.. But im really worried about the mileage. Can you all shed some light on your own mileage and possible issues?

Thanks,
Chris

Old 11-06-2009, 02:52 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had 36XXX when i bought my bike and now have 39XXX. No problems at all. Just regular maintance. I started a thread in the off topic section for first time buyers. https://cbrforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/first-time-buyers-advice-102645/

Not sure if its your first bike but it always helps on what you should look for before you buy. Hope this helps

Old 11-06-2009, 09:09 AM

i have 31000 on mine and it runs awesome u shouldnt have a problem

Old 11-06-2009, 09:57 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have 20k and it's still really powerful. You should have no problems.

Old 11-06-2009, 11:27 AM

i dont see it being a problem as long as the PO did the proper maintenace on the bike. Just remember they are 15 year old bikes so some wear and tear is usual. i bought mine for 300 not running and looking pretty rough but after alittle tlc shes ready to roll now.

Old 11-06-2009, 11:41 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I paid $1500 for mine, 15k miles. It has been down, so it is scratched up on the upper right fairing and front cowl. But it is mechanically sound. Has new tires too.

It also came with 2 helmets, leather jacket, tank bag and two pairs of gloves.

I got a pretty sweet deal.

Old 11-06-2009, 01:27 PM

seems like a deal... i got my bike for $1k with 20k on the clock... it was a naked street bike tho... no fairings, i put them back on over time

Old 11-06-2009, 02:29 PM

I would say that the price is a bit on the high side. Although these bikes seem to be doing just fine at 30k+ miles, you have to remember that the value is depreciating no matter what. Even if it's worth $1200 to you, it probably isn't worth that much to the next buyer, and you're setting yourself up to lose money. $1200 might be an acceptable price if: the tires were new (or at least mostly good), the fairings were decent, and you couldn't find anything you'd like to change out.

I think you should try and knock the price down about $300. That money can be put right into tires, which you may as well consider a part of the price.

There will also be little things you'll want to repair/replace. Maybe you need to put an order into BikeBandit to take care of a few cracked brackets or something. That OEM Honda stuff adds up quick. Anyway, it's a bit too pricey. Work 'm down! My two cents--

Old 11-06-2009, 07:45 PM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

I have to say it sounds decidely average ... I feel it is the age of these bikes that now determines their low prices, if it was me I would hunt for a lower mileage example, which might sound silly because they can clock over 100K in a heartbeat .. it's just that you can get lower miles for the same price ...it doesn't sound anything special, just average ..I want special :-)

Good luck and let us know what you do :-)

Jules

Old 11-06-2009, 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by Juliet
I have to say it sounds decidely average ... I feel it is the age of these bikes that now determines their low prices, if it was me I would hunt for a lower mileage example, which might sound silly because they can clock over 100K in a heartbeat .. it's just that you can get lower miles for the same price ...it doesn't sound anything special, just average ..I want special :-)

Good luck and let us know what you do :-)

Jules

I agree.. I have been eye balling the f2's for a while and really do want one.. It has some esthetic damage (left side of fairings) but all in all is in really good shape. Starts right up cold and idles well, front fork seals and oil were redone. But like i said it really impressed me how smooth it sounded and started up.

They price seemed great to me haha.. every other f2 and f3 were being posted at ridiculous prices.. the lowest ive really seen besides this one was 1800..

He was a very knowledgable seller and a stand up guying (told me all the little problems and about the lowslide and such) we talked and talked and we reached $1050 for the bike. My main argument were the tires

This would be a bike for me to really learn on and use everyday for a while (until i finally grab a supermoto ) but I hope to keep it forever haha (thats what we all say)

So if it will for the most part just need regular maintenance I will pick it up, and if it really goes to 100k I will definately have to pick it up haha

Let me know what you guys think, youve all been very helpful and I have to give him an answer by tomorrow morning 10am west coast time

THANKS!!

Quick Reply: Possible F2 Purchase