CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

No lights....

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2007, 07:10 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No lights....

So I was out riding all yesterday afternoon no problem, and parked the bike for the night. Go out this morning to head to work, and all I have is running lights, no head light or gauge lights. I hate electrical and really have no idea where to start. Any suggestions?

Old 09-20-2007, 07:24 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: No lights....

Start by checking the fuses.

Old 09-20-2007, 07:34 AM

Fair enough, i'll do that.

Old 09-20-2007, 09:38 AM

this happens to me sometimes...make sure ure start button isnt sticking. it sounds stupid but sometimes when i start up my bike the button will stick a lil bit and the headlight will stay off. it might be as simple as that.

Old 09-20-2007, 08:55 PM

try checking the wiring for the kill switch/start button. when I picked up my bike, the PO had hard wired the lights to the battery...no fuses. Not to mention the wires had about 1/4 exposed UNDER the tank. Anyway...turns out one of the wires (black w/blue stripe) came un-done in the switch housing. Real easy to solder back into place (get a repair manual for the schematics)... I think I read on here that its a fairly common problem on the F2....

Also, did you check the light connection? I know it's a stupid question...but last night when I went for a quick ride, the plug for the light worked its way loose. good luck.

Old 09-21-2007, 06:06 AM
Banned

The headlight problem might be a wire that's off or loose in your starter switch. Does your high beam indicator light come on? If not, then that surely might be the culprit. You might want to check the dimmer switch connections as well. Don't know about the meter lights, though. My wiring diagram doesn't seem to link them at all with what the headlight's doing. Good luck!

Old 09-21-2007, 07:40 AM

ORIGINAL: BDizzle6685

this happens to me sometimes...make sure ure start button isnt sticking. it sounds stupid but sometimes when i start up my bike the button will stick a lil bit and the headlight will stay off. it might be as simple as that.
Well, guess what?..... I can't actually believe that was the problem. That's why I love this forum, as I would have never checked something as simple as that. Thanks for the heads up, and saving me alot of time, and quite possible money. So is there anyway to prevent that from happening, like maybe a touch of WD-40 inside the switch?

Old 09-23-2007, 07:11 PM

socale i had the same problem and low and behold, the wire came undone in the killswitch housing.

Old 09-23-2007, 11:21 PM

not real sure what to use...i just know that it sticks every once in a while and i usually just make sure it pulled out all the way after i start er up. its just become second nature to start the bike and flip the switch back out with my thumb before i take off. i didnt want to spray anything onto the switch because i didnt know if it would affect anything internally...

Old 09-26-2007, 09:10 AM

try using a plastic-safe electrical contact/switch cleaner. WD-40 would just attract more dirt, leaving you with a worse problem than before (that and wd-40 is highly flammable...wouldn't want to be shooting that near any electrical switch that might spark)

Quick Reply: No lights....