CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

New and looking at a F2

Old 03-15-2007, 11:54 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New and looking at a F2

Hi guys, been lurking around for a while now, I am selling my old kaw 440 this weekend and I am really considering a 93 CBR600. A friend has the bike around the corner from me, he is an auto mechanic and has owned the bike for a while. He has used the bike to commute to work and has riden the bike hard but not what I would call beat it! The bike is in good shape and runs good. I am gonna take it for a ride this weekend to see how comfortable the bike is. I have never riden a sport bike before, always been on cruisers!. Only thing that worries me is the mileage. Bike has about 30K on it! Seems like a lot to me since my 83 only has 10K but he offered the bike to me for $1,500. He just purchased a GSXR and doesnt need the CBR. I cant wait to get back on a honda either way! Does this sound like a good choice or what? I need a little help here. Oh almost forgot to mention, I have an 11 year old daughter that has fallen in love with riding motorcycles, my father, father in law and I take her for rides. They both have harleys though! Is the F2 a decent two up bike???? Thanks in advance guys

Old 03-15-2007, 12:14 PM
Default RE: New and looking at a F2

Welcome to the boards! I say go for it on the F2! If you're curious about being comfortable, in my opinion, I think the F2 is the most comfortable sportbike out there. I've been on Gixxer's and Yamaha's and Kawi's but, the F2 is just the most comfortable for me. But, I'm 5'10" and 174 lbs. As to the price, that sounds like a really good deal! I paid $2700 and walked away with a 91 with 14K miles. Also, about riding 2 up, my wife loves to ride with me. I've taken her on my buddies R6 with the little tiny back seat, and, she didn't like it as much. The F2 is just a great all around bike. I'm sure you'll get a biased opion on this section, but, I think the F2 is one of the best bikes of all time.

So, that being said, I say go get that beast! And, welcome again!!

If you'll be on the boards, any questions you have, just look around. Most anything about the bike has been asked or discussed. Use the search button. And, if that doesn't work for you, feel free to ask away. Lotsa good guys and girls on the boards.

Tylor

Old 03-15-2007, 12:31 PM

yes welcome to our forum! well i think Tylor pretty much hit it right on the spot regarding the F2. I mean as long as it seems mechanically good, and runs good, i'd say go for it! that is a really good price, i got a 93 F2 and i paid $2200 for it! it sounds like he must just want some cash for it so he can pay off his new bike, so your gain! and i agree, the F2 has the banana seat and is very comfortable for the rider and the passenger, i take my girlfriend out all the time and she says it's comfortable. heck she even fell asleep while riding on the back...but thats another story!! [sm=lol.gif] but i'd say go for it!

Old 03-15-2007, 05:12 PM

+1 cant go wrong with an F2 from a responsible owner for 1500

Old 03-15-2007, 06:26 PM

i have an F2 24k miles and as long as you change the oil when you supposed to it will run FOREVER thats what hondas are known for........my buddy just sold his F3........56k miles.......still runs like a champ.....hope that aswers questions on the milage....plus $1,500 is CHEAP jump on that ASAP bro.....

Old 03-15-2007, 07:43 PM

I'd say go for it! My '93 has 27K miles on her, and all I've had to do is put gas in it, and change the oil... oh, and a new battery too. Also, as said before, the bike is the most comfortable sportbike I've ever ridden! If you buy it, post some pix!

Old 03-15-2007, 10:09 PM

Ok well I just got back from looking at the bike. Little update...... its not a 93' its a 94' and it has 24k miles on it not 30k. Bike runs great, has a new, I think he said carbon force clutch, if that sounds right? Anyway the clutch felt great, brakes are good and solid, gonna need a new front tire soon but its not in that bad of shape. Has a crack in the right front fairing but no big deal and the rear left side next to the the tail light is chipped out but still no biggie! Bike is clean other than that but what can you expect from 12 year old bike. It does have a slip on pipe, he just put new fork seals in as well.I was really surpised at how comfortable riding the bike was. I was a little nervous at first being the first time riding a sport bike butit wasnt bad! Kinda fun! Pulled hard through all the gears, rode smooth, and handled good. I didnt ride it hard not being familar with the bike but I got a good feel for it. O.K. so heres the bad, the back half is purple, with the front, i guess you could call the scallops on the fairings and the tank. I am not really into purple, not really that...ahhh....manly?But I guess you gotta take the good with the bad. Only good thing about purple is thats the wifes favorite color and it will help sell her on it. She is not very happy with the whole sport bike idea, she thinks they are SO DANGEROUS but didnt have an anwser for me when I said how are they more dangerous than any other bike, its the person riding it like an idiot that makes it worse! Well I told the guy I will be back saturday afternoon or sunday morning after I deliever my kawi to pick up the CBR! I want it. Figiure I really cant go wrong! Sorry for the long post but I am really excited, deep down I have really wanted a sport bike for a while and I am finally getting one! what do you guys think!!!!!

Old 03-15-2007, 11:19 PM

Purple, huh? Wow!! That's pretty gay actually.

Just kidding. Take a look at my bike.
https://cbrforum.com/albumtn.aspx?si...g135243207.jpg

That's what she looked like when I bought it. I was ragged like you wouldn't believe buying a pink bike. But, my wife, girlfriend at the time, was behind me. I saw the potential, and, here's what she looks like now
https://cbrforum.com/albumtn.aspx?si...d947874916.jpg

I wouldn't hold the purple against it. The F2 is a great bike! Get out there, get it, and ride it like you own it, not like you stole it. Take care of the bike, and, it'll last another 12 years easy.
Did you get any pics? If not, post em up when you get the bike this weekend!! Welcome to the addiction!

Tylor

NOTE-pic links aren't working. I'm seeing what I can do. For now, check my gallery, it's got the pics of before at the bottom, and, now at the top

Old 03-16-2007, 01:55 AM

It is a definite go in my opinion. Purple====new paint

Old 03-18-2007, 01:45 AM

Run--dont walk!! That is a great deal!! I just purchased a 1 owner 92 F2 with 40,000 miles which runs like a brand new bike (and spent more than $1500). As long as thebike has been maintained they will run forever..Ive heard of some600 Hurricane's which have over 100,000 miles on them.

Search this Thread