CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

new to the forum, and cbr's

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2011, 07:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new to the forum, and cbr's

Hello i am new to this site, and i just bought my cbr f2 a few weeks ago. Im in love with this bike, but eventually im going to go for the naked, round headlight look. before i got my CBR, i was in love with the 919/hornet.although i would just love to buy the oem hornet gauges,light, and front bracket assembly...they are kinda pricey. i can manage to figure out my headlight situation, but gauges im not so sure. I read on another thread that someone bought a Vapor gauges and i looked them up, they are nice , but i just dont understand how and were the aftermarket digital gauges mount up to the triple clamp?also, i been searching around the web , just to see any aftermarket parts for our bike, and i kind of really cant find any for the f2. now i imagine that the f3 and new models are based off the same frame ,so will parts from newer cbrs fit on older ones? ( i.e, footpegs and little stuff like that).also, any websites would be nice to know.

so if anybody can give me any pointers, it would be greatly appreciated

Thank you.

here is a picture of my bike

Attached Thumbnails new to the forum, and cbr's-cbr-f2.jpg   new to the forum, and cbr's-my-bike.jpg  
Old 01-25-2011, 10:49 PM

There is a lot of information and ideas here for the CBR owner. Look around, do some searchs, and follow the threads. Most gauge replacements require making your own brackets. Not much bolt on stuff for F2s as they were one of the best all around combinations of bike ability ever made.

Old 01-25-2011, 11:05 PM

dang, well by bolt ons i was talking about new grips, and foot pegs and just cosmetic stuff like that.but, dam that sucks about a bracket for gauges.i really dont wanan deal with the hassel of finding a good machinist in my area.maybe im just gunna have to change the whole handlebar setup to the dirtbike-stlye handlebars ( even though im not to fond of them) cuz they have that crossbar in the middle

Old 01-26-2011, 04:26 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There is a bracket I found in my Traitech Vapor box that will need holes drilled on the top of your Triple tree. Hopefully won't be in the way of the ignition. If don't you get one you can have mine. The bracket should come with it.

Old 01-26-2011, 06:47 PM

Thanks underground. i been researching for days and it seems nobody in the aftermarket companys take in the fact the most ignitions are smack in the middle of the tripletree, and dont engineer there bracket around that fact