CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

need help 2nd gear problem??

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2007, 11:42 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help 2nd gear problem??

Hello,
I have a 93 f2 with 2100 miles on it. Hasbeenrunning really good till today inoticed when i reved itup to around 10kin 1st and shifted to secondthere wasan extratickingnoise and like a little more pressure on my footto get it in secondthanany of the other gears. Also i reved it up to about 10k and put it in neutral and it almost grinded when itried to put it in 1st or2nd.otherthan that it shifts great. I waswondering if this is just how they are and i am just now noticingit, or is there a problem that someonehas experienced like this??
please let me know asap i am a littleworried.
thanks tim

Old 07-01-2007, 02:37 PM
Default RE: need help 2nd gear problem??

I've had my F2 for a month or so now. The first few times I revved the crap out of it I went to shift and got the gear grinding noise. When you got the high RPMs going, you need to make sure you slam it into gear quick. Definately don't take you time like you may be able todo in lower RPMs. I would also not shift into neutral at those RPMs either. I did that once and got the worst noise I think I ever heard from a bike.

Give it another try and shift quicker and harder and see what happens.

Old 07-01-2007, 03:20 PM

ya i noticed i could do it if i shifted hard. so this is just how the f2s are??
thanks for the info

Old 07-01-2007, 03:26 PM

I don't know if that's just how they are or not. I got mine with over 28k miles on it, so there's been plenty of time to mess it up beforeI got it. Still runs strong and goes past 12k easily. One of these days I'll ride another and see how that one compares to things I've noriced on mine.

Old 07-01-2007, 03:33 PM

anyone else have this problem or does yours shift fine under these conditions???

Old 07-02-2007, 09:46 AM

bump for anymore responses??

Old 07-02-2007, 03:38 PM

and if it is normal is there something to do to help?? a certian tranny fluid or something??
thanks tim

Old 07-02-2007, 05:25 PM

LOL, There is no tranny fluid. the transmission uses the same motorcycle oil you put into the engine. It's all one unit, so don't go adding stuff. Do that and you could mess up stuff.

I'm chalking my shifting woes to being a relative noob. I've never seen anyone else at the light take off then shift into neutral by accident. must just happen to me. At least the face shield hides the identity. LOL. Maybe others don't want to come clean.

Old 07-02-2007, 09:02 PM

we are definately having the same problem then!! I have shifted into neutral on accident to. But i am a noob also, maybe i need to shift harder??
thanks tim

Old 07-02-2007, 09:48 PM

my bike is a 94 with about 31k on the odometer. sometimes seemingly at random it'll not make the jump from first to second and slip into neutral. I attribute this to that its probably had a pretty rough life and rode out many wheelies that have been powered up in second gear. this has probably bent the shift fork slightly or damaged second gear itself or both that cause it to not slide into gear as easily so all I do is just give it a little more gusto when shifting it from first to second and its not much of a problem. maybe when I get some money and more importantly, time I'll tear into it and see what the story is. I'm sure you can search for some threads about problems with shifting and get a good idea whats going on.

Quick Reply: need help 2nd gear problem??