Default sweet

Originally Posted by JankCibberf2
im working on rebuilding my old fairings if you really need some cheap ones
keep me posted on the plastics

Old 05-24-2012, 09:28 PM
Welcome Crew and ROTY 2014
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by magnumRT
learning lots here.hey thanks for helping me through this! also what is a regular idle rpm range?
Roughly 1000 to 1200, to be set when the engine is at full operating temperature.

Last edited by JNSRacing; 05-25-2012 at 08:08 AM.
Old 05-26-2012, 01:09 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well done mate,,,loving how this bike is coming along

Old 06-06-2012, 10:54 PM

ok got a new speedo cable on and want to mount my new rear tire. what is the best way to remove the rim from the swing arm?

Old 06-07-2012, 09:48 AM
Welcome Crew and ROTY 2014
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You don't have to remove the tire hugger, but getting it out of the way makes things a touch easier, until you get the swing of it.

(1) Undo the four screws that hold the tire hugger, and pry open the bracket attached to the hugger, that guides the rear brake line - then you can pull the tire hugger/chain guard out the back.
(2) Loosen the axle nut - you'll need a 22mm for the axle, and 27mm for the axle nut.
(3) Looosen the chain adjuster nuts and locking nuts, and back them out far enough that you can push the wheel forward, and get the chain off the rear sprocket, setting it on a shop rag draped over the swing arm.
(4) Make a mental note, take a picture, draw a diagram...whatever! so you can remember how the rear caliper bracket sits in regards to the swing arm - this item has a rectangular bit of metal that slides in a slot on the swing arm, has holes used for mounting the caliper to, and acts as an additional spacer for the axle, between the actual wheel spacer and the swing arm itself.
(5) I usually unscrew the rear caliper mounting bolt, which allows the caliper to be rotated up and forward on its mounting, so you can more easily slide the wheel out, and for you, to get another good look at how it goes back together and operates when in use - be careful not to lose any of the little retaining bits that connect to the caliper at the pads.
(6) With the axle nut fully removed, sit down behind the rear tire, up real close, so you can use your right arm to be able to support/lift/wiggle the rim and tire, while you use your left hand to pull out the axle - a little twisting and wiggling might be needed, depending on how much grime, grit, and maybe even rust, might be present. As the axle backs out to the point that the caliper bracket's wheel spacer bit is free of the axle, you might switch arms, and use your right hand to pull the caliper/bracket assembly out of the way, so that you don't scratch up the rim when you pull it out.
(7) That's it, dude, your tire is now in your lap!

Old 06-13-2012, 07:28 PM
Default thanks for the help

got my firings ordered and hopefully they might be here round the end of the month. got some clear alternatives turn signals also. got a better speedo cable on. gotta grab a gps and see if its accurate. ill keep you all posted

Old 06-16-2012, 11:35 PM

got a ? i ordered the clear alternative turn signals not knowing they were just lenses. what holds the light bulb inside the lens?

Old 06-17-2012, 11:17 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by magnumRT
got a ? i ordered the clear alternative turn signals not knowing they were just lenses. what holds the light bulb inside the lens?
Depends on what you have.

If all you have is a clear lens with no housing, something is wrong. This is what the housing.g should look like, and the lens is molded into it. If you don't have the housing portion I guess you'll have to figure out how to cut the orange lens out of a factory housing and glue in your clear lens.

If what u have has the housing that looks like the OEM I pictured above, then all you do is twist the OEM bulb socket into it and call it a day.

Last edited by adrenalnjunky; 06-17-2012 at 11:42 AM.
Old 06-17-2012, 05:26 PM

ok cool than all i need is the sockets. thanks for the help! btw you know anybody who has an extra pair?

Old 06-17-2012, 09:56 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That might be a problem unless you find someone willing to chop up a spare wiring harness, or someone that has gone to flush mounts or LED's or something.

You might get lucky at a auto parts store or salvage yard - there might be universal fit bulb holders that match the cutouts in the back of the housing.

If you have a bike salvage yard around, might be easier to take your signal housing and find something that fits into it.

Quick Reply: My first cbr! Its a project & I need some pointers