Welcome Crew and ROTY 2014
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Where's those pics, Rich?

Old 03-27-2013, 03:30 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 03-27-2013, 09:35 AM
Welcome Crew and ROTY 2014
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Lord ALMIGHTY, you've got yourself some corrosion to deal with!!

Old 03-27-2013, 10:19 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was actually thinking that as well. Here I am, complaining about the state of my bike, and then I see this... But you're probably much more competent in these matters than I am so I'll gladly follow this thread and see if I could learn anything. Good luck, mate!

Old 03-27-2013, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by JNSRacing
Lord ALMIGHTY, you've got yourself some corrosion to deal with!!
Yeah, any advice ://///??

The last owner left it outside in the rain poor little Halle ( mrs's named her halle the honda )

Like I said, i want to get cracking straight away and get her sorted. Where do i start next in terms of dismantling her????

Old 03-27-2013, 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by Migge
I was actually thinking that as well. Here I am, complaining about the state of my bike, and then I see this... But you're probably much more competent in these matters than I am so I'll gladly follow this thread and see if I could learn anything. Good luck, mate!
Yeah, dont be to confident, im a sales man, not an engineer unfortunately aha
Still, I enjoy this kind of thing and i'm willing to learn, so with abit of help im sure ill get her back to factory condition soon, Just want to get moving with it NOW as the riding season will be on us before i know it, and here in the UK, it only lasts about half an hour lol.

Old 03-27-2013, 02:57 PM

I am in Sweden so I do know what you're talking about. According to the weather prognosis, we're gonna be stuck in winter all April. It sucks when you need to take your hundred horses for a run...

Old 03-27-2013, 05:57 PM

Well I must say you have some work in front of you but nothing impossible. The room looks good man, reminds me of one of those 007 movies for some reason, lol. Well and the corrosion is obvious that it needs a little love. Do you plan on swapping out everything from the rear?

Old 03-27-2013, 06:33 PM
Welcome Crew

At least you have a comfortable work area..... nothing is impossible with a little help along the way..... good luck and keep the pics coming

Old 03-29-2013, 05:46 AM

Originally Posted by campos_motorsports
Well I must say you have some work in front of you but nothing impossible. The room looks good man, reminds me of one of those 007 movies for some reason, lol. Well and the corrosion is obvious that it needs a little love. Do you plan on swapping out everything from the rear?
Tbh, I wasnt planning on replacing everything, the spring yeah, thats shot I think so that'll need replacing, but the rear swing arm, I was going to get it sand blasted, sealed and then powder coated along with the main frame in gloss black?? providing i can actually get it apart of course, I'm dreading trying to undo some of these nuts and bolts ://

So where do I go from here, I need to get it down to the frame, so do I start with the wiring, the forks? whats the next step, I've never gone this far before.
Do i suspend the frame from the roof with rope, or do i take the downpipes off and put some bricks under the engine to hold it up???

Seriously need some advice cause I havent done anything else yet.
Thanks in advance.

Quick Reply: My 93 F2 project begins!