CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

My 1991 CBR600F2

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2012, 11:44 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My 1991 CBR600F2

Hey guy's,

New to the forum and wanted to started a thread to document the progress I make on my bike. Last week I got a great deal on this 1991 CBR600F2, it was in decent shape and the price was decent as well.

I don't have any real big plans on it, basically I just want to keep it simple and reliable with some nice cosmetic touches. The good thing is the bike is pretty much still stock, and only needs a few things such as mirrors, rear turn signals and regular scheduled maintenance.

A couple things I wanted to ask about:

The neutral indicator was not working and I found out there was no bulb in the socket. Installed a bulb but when in neutral it flickers on and off. Bad neutral switch?

Also, the side stand bulb was also missing, but when replaced it does not turn on. I took a look at the side stand and I don't see any wires coming out of it, is it possible to remove the switch assembly completely?

Thanks guys, looking forward to posting progress and reading others thoughts!

Old 11-06-2012, 09:57 AM
Welcome Crew and ROTY 2014
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Welcome, starsky, the bike looks nice! I like the white variation on the Repsol style - I've seen that recently on a newer 600RR, in my area, and it looks fantastic!

With regards to the neutral safety switch, the one thing I can recommend to test whether the switch is faulty altogether, or there's just an issue with sending current to the bulb, is, does it start when you know the bike is in nuetral, or do you have to pull in the clutch as well?

On the side-stand switch, it's possible someone already removed and bypassed the switch... when the bike is running, in gear, with the clutch pulled in, put the side-stand down - if the motor shuts off, then the switch is working, just not giving you the indicator light, if it keeps running, then the side-stand switch has probably been bypassed.

Last edited by JNSRacing; 11-12-2012 at 07:38 PM.
Old 11-06-2012, 10:05 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice bike JNSR has you on target there, but I want pics of that FJ!

Old 11-06-2012, 10:21 AM

Thanks Guys,

Will be doing some troubleshooting but I also ordered a new neutral switch just in case. Regarding the FJ, that's my 1975 FJ40, another project altogether!

Do you guys have any low profile mirror suggestions? Thanks

Old 11-12-2012, 05:34 PM

Just a couple updates,

I changed the neutral switch and the flickering is gone, the old switch's tip was ground down pretty bad. Also I found the side stand switch and wire zip tied inside the fairing, hooked it back up to the stand and now I have a working side stand indicator. I also installed a integrated LED tail light, and the LED mirrors. Will try to get some pics up.

Next week I'm going to replace a slightly bent handlebar, and install some pazzo style levers.

Old 11-12-2012, 07:47 PM
Welcome Crew and ROTY 2014
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Which handlebar is bent? I'm installing Vortex race clip-ons as we speak, and could sell you my old bar if you need it.

By the way, I'm glad you got those switches sorted!

Old 11-13-2012, 12:07 AM

Originally Posted by JNSRacing
Which handlebar is bent? I'm installing Vortex race clip-ons as we speak, and could sell you my old bar if you need it.

By the way, I'm glad you got those switches sorted!
Thanks, it was the right side bar but I found a decent deal on eBay last week. I also got a new throttle tube, grips, and bar ends.

Old 11-17-2012, 09:22 PM
evz

Thats an awesome color!