CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

How to look less old school?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2012, 12:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to look less old school?

Hey guys. I just recently purchased my first bike being a 92 cbr600f2. So far I love everything about it. Except, I don't really like the outdated front. (I don't know the correct term but essentially I am talking about the front nose and headlight case. Hopefully you know what I am talking about.) I was wondering if anyone has put on a new front from a newer model to make it not look so dated.

If that isn't possible has anyone put HID's or Halos on the stock front and headlight case?

Sorry if this has been answered already. I tried searching for this all over the forum and google and haven't really found any straight answers.

Thanks

Old 09-11-2012, 01:59 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Yes, some have done conversions.

I def understand... My 2000 F4 is the last of the single headlight front cowls. In 2001, the F4"i" (fuel injected) model came out. Changes from the '00 included; dual headlight front cowl, digital gauges, split-seat tail, & fuel-injection, (& various smaller changes). Its been popular to do front-end & split-seat conversions to the F4.

I've done the split-seat conversion but not the front-end conversion. However, several members in the F4 section have done the F4i front-end conversion as well...including gauges.

Analog gauges & single headlights do date a bike somewhat but its all a matter of preference as to what you want to do w/ your bike. Keep in mind depending on the conversion, that you'll have to make modifications to mount up newer model fairings & gauges. Example: W/ the F4 to F4i front end conversion, the F4i front fairing stay is required, as well as the F4i gauges & rewiring, front cowl, dual headlight, etc. One thing in favor of doing the F4 to F4i conversion is that both have the same basic frame & side fairings, which makes the conversions so much easier than going from one model to a completely dif model.

Its all in your imagination tho as to what you want to do. Given enough time & money, you can change it however you want.

Hope some other members post up ideas for you to think about. Meanwhile, keep searching the forum for ideas.

Old 09-11-2012, 02:02 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i was 150 dollars short of finishing my f4i conversion. Did the tail over the winter and i just needed to do the sides and front. Fortunately for me, i sold the damn thing!!! Woot Woot!!!

Old 09-11-2012, 03:06 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wouldn't worry about the outdated look. I have a 93 cbr 600 f2 and love everything about it. The older models have more substance/umph to them. They're solid. What your bike lacks in luster, it makes up for in guts. Concentrate on what you like about it and the fact that it's paid for. My opinion

Old 09-11-2012, 03:26 PM
Administrator and MVN, March 2012/Oct 2013 ROTM
Received 117 Likes on 107 Posts

For the price of converting it, you could almost get a newer bike that has the lines you want.

Old 09-11-2012, 03:46 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Streetfighter All the Way!!! You won't worry about it being outdated then. All the cool kids are doing it!

Old 09-11-2012, 04:13 PM

lol, dont give in, dont do it! ! ~REPRESENT~ i must say, i love seeing these older bikes with oem stock plastics still on the roads....except the f4's bananna seat

one option that i do like on the f2 is the grey color rear wheel hugger. it makes the bike look more modern and beefier than the stock swingarm by it self. changes the look, not a lot of work.

Last edited by cBrentb; 09-11-2012 at 04:17 PM.
Old 09-11-2012, 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by cBrentb
lol, dont give in, dont do it! ! ~REPRESENT~ i must say, i love seeing these older bikes with oem stock plastics still on the roads....except the f4's bananna seat
+1

Don't convert the front end... more work/effort/money than it is worth. Ride the F2 like you stole it and get a newer bike when the time/money is right.

Old 09-11-2012, 06:35 PM
February 2012 ROTM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

+1...don't start a never ending project. I love those old school bikes! If you really like the later models, start reserving the money to buy one. Meanwhile ride this one and take good care of it, you may sell it.

Old 09-11-2012, 08:11 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pull all the street stuff and make it a dedicated track day bike, you'll love it every more when you can ride it the way it was meant to be ridden.

Quick Reply: How to look less old school?