CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

Might part out bike If problem to expensive

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2007, 11:31 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Might part out bike If problem to expensive

I purchased my f2 a few months ago and I have done alot of work on it. But theres a problem I cant understand or fix. It turns over and wants to start but doesnt. Sometimes with it does stART and I give it gas it stalls. Yes the gas is on. But when I take it to the shop and If its to expensive to fix I might part it out. If anyone has any suggestions drop me a line thanks.

Old 09-14-2007, 11:40 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Might part out bike If problem to expensive

I had the same problem...and kind of still do....

Before I couldn't get the bike started at all. So, I cleaned the carb as suggested on another thread in the how-to section. No avail. So, I then took the carbs off again and removed each jet and made sure all holes were clear (with the finest wire). After doing that, I had to readjust the idle screws before it would turn over.

Now I still have a problem getting to it to turn over when it is cold, but I'm sure there is an adjustment issue. It takes like 15 or 20 times of cranking, readjusting choke and idle set before it comes close to stay running. After it warms up though...it runs like a champ. I hope to resync the carbs and readjust idle set screws this Winter/Spring season.

These engines are very simple. Not much can go wrong that can't be fixed.

Old 09-14-2007, 07:55 PM

start with only fresh gas. crank on it for awhile then pull a spark plug. If its covered in gas then the plugs are probably fouled from flooding. Pull all the plugs out and let the cylinders dry out, then either put new plugs in or heat up the ones you've got with a propane torch, but don't make them glow, to clean them up. Thats what I did because I'm cheap. Normally its way more of a pain in the *** than to just replace. I first got my bike and it seemed like all it would do was flood and foul the plugs. If you flood it once, every time after that with those plugs is going to be even less likely to get going just because there isn't a strong enough spark.
This was the solution when I first got my bike and it had been sitting for a long time. I'm sure it could stand to get a carb cleaning, but thats what got it going and I rode it all summer long.
good luck

Old 09-15-2007, 02:42 AM

What's up Chris, it's Ryan. Hey I had a thought. Didn't you say you were having some problems with your idle adjustment screw? You might want to look into that. I could see that keeping it from starting if it somehow backed out or something. Anyways, just a thought. Hope it works out. I bet it's something simple, I don't think you'll need to sell the bike. Let me know if you need some help. I'd be glad to swing by and check it out with you. I don't have class for a few weeks, and I 'm just hanging out working on my bike untill then.