CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

Hi! I just bought a 1992 CBR F2 ! Made it my little project!

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2013, 03:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wranghondo, if you ever come to Romania, you have a 6 pack from me ! XD Love my F2 .... i dont trade it for anything ! It's mine ! When i finish with the design and it looks how i want , i think i am going to an 2005 Hornet engine(can i scueeze more power from that engine ? XD ) or the 900RR engine if i get realy angry ) ! But this is just a plan, next year i want to make de SSSA and/or the k4 tail swap , its all about money !!

Old 03-11-2013, 02:29 PM

Hello all, back with some updates !

I found why my cbr sounds very "racing" XD !

Fixed that and found a new place for my exhaust !

Mounted the quick throtle ! Sound nice The picture is at half way ! Forgot to take a photo after I finished it !

I took it for a spin, it handles like a dream ! I cant mount the steering dumper yet ! I have to fabricate a mount for it under the gauges ! I have no problems, and the brakes :X i did a stoppie when i first braked , i was used to the old f2 brakes ! I have some problems with the brake master cylinder, it has a ****y screw thread when i connect the brake lines to the master cyilinder, i dont know how to fix that, and i dont have the money to buy another master cylinder, it brakes but all the time its pooring some brake fluid ! I will make some photos and show them to you next time i go there , maybe you have some ideas how to fix that ! Ride safe !

Old 03-11-2013, 04:00 PM
Welcome Crew and ROTY 2014
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Slick89
I have some problems with the brake master cylinder, it has a ****y screw thread when i connect the brake lines to the master cyilinder, i dont know how to fix that, and i dont have the money to buy another master cylinder, it brakes but all the time its pooring some brake fluid ! I will make some photos and show them to you next time i go there , maybe you have some ideas how to fix that ! Ride safe !
Do you have money for the hospital? and ambulance rides? DON'T ride it!!
Seriously, you really shouldn't ride it, that could get you killed, not to mention, brake fluid eats paint!

Did you replace the crush washers that go on either side of the brake line connection? There should be one between the banjo bolt head and the brake line, and another between the brake line and the master cylinder... if you do not have them at all, then that is your problem - if you did not replace them, then that could be your problem, as they are not meant to be re-used. They are less than $2 each - number 30 in the following parts fiche:

Ronayers.com Microfiche Honda>Motorcycle>1993>CBR600F2>FR BRAKE MASTER CYL - F2 - 91-94

The other possibility, is that you have stripped threads in the master cylinder, and if that is the case, then you need to replace it.

Old 03-11-2013, 05:37 PM

I am affraid that it's option two ! I replaced the washers , thats not the problem, i removed the master cylinder and took a look at the thread and its stripped ! I didint knew about the problem when i took it for a spin because when i bleeded the brakes everything was oki ! I forced it a little bit at the way back home , some powerfull brakes in straight line to see if its oki and after that i noticed the brake fluid was slipping from the master cylinder ! Thank you for your replay ! I will buy another master cylinder or take it to a machinist to take a look at it ! It's just bad luck, in Romania Bucharest are now 20 degree celsius at 14:00 and all my friends go ride , i am sick of going as a passenger ! I am not riding it with this problem so i have to do something with it fast !
I will come with some new update soon !

Ride safe all !

Old 05-13-2017, 12:41 PM

Hello all,

After more than 4 years of sitting under a sheet in front of my house for financial reasons i want to bring the old lady back to life.

Can somebody help me with some info about the cbr 600f2 wiring? I swapped the front end with an Aprilia RSV mille and i don t have the old controls.

The question is how do i wire Aprilia's controls with the cbr harness without having the old ones? Can somebody help me with a picture where i can see the cbr wiring ?

PS: she got some new things as an welcome back ghidt:
- gsxr 04 tail
- LSL headlight
- koso speedometer

Looking forward to receive your feedback.

Thanks you

Regards,
Mihai

Attached Thumbnails Hi! I just bought a 1992 CBR F2 ! Made it my little project!-img_3594.jpg   Hi! I just bought a 1992 CBR F2 ! Made it my little project!-img_4400.jpg   Hi! I just bought a 1992 CBR F2 ! Made it my little project!-img_4399.jpg   Hi! I just bought a 1992 CBR F2 ! Made it my little project!-img_3485.jpg   Hi! I just bought a 1992 CBR F2 ! Made it my little project!-img_3657.jpg  

Old 05-13-2017, 01:00 PM

PPS: I apologize for not coming back on this thread for this long.