Street Fighters For the unconventional CBR builder.

1992 CBR600F2 Low Budget Fighter Project

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2012, 04:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1992 CBR600F2 Low Budget Fighter Project

Whats up guys, check out what I picked up running on 3 cylinders with 33ooo miles for $725. It has a crappy ebay headlight brand new tires, some aftermarket slip on, and some other goodies. The guy who owned it before me dropped it a bunch of times and mickey moused it up. The thing didn’t even have hose clamps on the fuel lines.

So far I got it running better with new spark plugs, ordered coil packs and plug wires, ordered a Haynes manual and thought about what I want to do.

I want it to have a single headlight, gages mounted to the bars, and rear fairings on it. I’m thinking about purchasing this to mount the headlight to the fork and maybe help mount the gages:

Anyone have any experience with these?

I’m not trying to bite but the handlebar mirrors and headlight off of Mr Dunkable's bike are exactly what I'm after:

anyone know where I can get these?

I'm also after some universal turn signals.

Anyone have any other ideas? Also how have some of you streetfighter guys mounted the gages? I want them to be pretty recessed, as in not stick out in front of the headlight.

What about a good new or used parts distributors for simple parts I need like the clutch/brake levers, and a right handle bar with the twist grip still on it?

Heres a pretty dumb question for you guys, the fuel is gravity fed right? There is not supposed to be a fuel pump in there is there? Also, even after its warmed up, it will never idle with the choke in any other position then completely closed. I think part of the problem is some vacuum hoses aren’t in the correct locations or are missing entirely. Anyone have a vacuum hose diagram?

Also, the bike will freely rev to 12000rpm but wont go past around 9k under load. This is most likely the coil packs? Thanks in advance for the help guys, I've built a bunch of cars but never a bike. I hope to have some fun