CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

HELP !!

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2007, 12:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP !!

Hello everyone...I am having a nightmare lining up the back wheel on my f2. If I use the index marks on the chain adjusters to line up the wheel... my tyre (standard size) touches the hugger mudguard on the right hand side and also is closer to the swingarm when looking from underneath on the same side...is the swingarm symetrical so that the tyre is the same distance from both sides? I have counted the number of threads on the chain adjuster nuts and when they are both the same the wheel is in the position above. The wheel seems to spin ok although not really freely no matter what the wheel position...the bike has not been crashed as far as I am aware and handles really well. The main question I need to know is.....shall I measure the distance from the swingarm to the tyre and ignore the marks on the adjusters OR accept that my my mudguard may be bent??? or not positioned properly (maybe your f2 tyre is closer to the mudguard on the right hand side??? all answers appreciated guy's.........oh and HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL

Old 01-01-2007, 12:47 PM
Retired Administrator
Default RE: HELP !!

Happy New Year. When did you notice this? I mean was everything fine then you changed something and found this? It doesn't make sense to me, if the bike hasn't been wrecked, the hugger doesn't look damaged then what else could it be? I'm assuming you have the spacers in the wheel or it wouldn't tighten up.

Find someone on here with the same year bike and have them take pictures to compare yours to.

Old 01-01-2007, 01:42 PM

hello doncollins....I have probably been riding around for a couple of months with the wheel seemingly off-centre but the chain has been tracking fine when I have been lubing it etc. It only caught my attention today because the chain needed slight adjustment (first time since I bought the bike a few months ago). I know its a big favour to ask but if anyone with an f2 can show pics of their back wheel position in relation to the swingarm from underneath or the hugger from above I would be VERY VERY grateful......................cheers.............. .......dave h

Old 01-01-2007, 02:16 PM
Retired Administrator

I'm leaving in a few minutes to work on Jared05 F3. I can take pictures of his but I'll doubt if it's anything like the F2.