CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

Harness testing..

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2006, 12:07 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Harness testing..

93 CBR F2...no engine, just pretty much a frame atm...I'm working on seeing if the current wiring harness is still in good shape so that I can either re-wire or leave it alone. I've pull the healdlight, turn signals, and brake lights off and tested them and they all work fine. I need to see if when connected, that they still work. Problems are this, the ignition key is in la la land awaiting to be found. I'm getting power to the ignition switch, however, not having the key sucks so I'm trying to figure a way to bypass the switch until I get the key so I can test the rest of the harness. Upon disconnecting the ignition harness there are three prongs...I've got voltage to one prong and pretty much none to the other two. I tried using a jumper wire between the powered prong and the others and nothing is happening.
Anyone know of a way to bypass this until I get the key or am I better off getting a new ignition switch?
Looking for clarification on this front as well, the lights should come on w/ the ignition correct?
Another clarification, do the front brakes have a switch in them to light off the brake light, or is it just the rear brakes?

Old 12-29-2006, 11:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Harness testing..

Well, got the answers I was looking for. Got a key made yet still not lighting the lights up. I get power to the lights, yet no actual light.
Anyone?