CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

Got my exhaust header system today and need help please!

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2016, 05:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got my exhaust header system today and need help please!

Just got my headers in the mail today and had a few questions if you guys could help me out please, first off it's an Erion aftermarket header system and it came with an Erion slip on as well but I might get a new one or maybe a different brand slip on cuz this one is a little roughed up but headers and mid pipe are prestine and that's mainly what I bought the set for , anyways my first question is can I put the system on and run it for a few days to a week on the stock carb jets until I get a set of aftermarket jets? Would it be safe to use it like that until new jets come? And my second question now is what carb jet kit do you guys recommend ? I'm looking at the factory pro and dyno jet kits but I'm stearing more towards factory pro but all input is appreciated , and then what stage is recommended ? Stage 1 or stage 2? Also I'm in California if that matters

Old 08-27-2016, 06:23 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I woulnt. I would think a freeing flowing exhaust would lean it out a bit but how much is the question. A little wouldnt hurt nothing probably but a lot might hurt something. Why take the chance. How ruff is the muffler? If its just scratched you could take some sand paper to it to clean it up and the polish it with some Scotchbrite. Or you could drill out the rivets, cut it shorter to get rid of the bad part and put it back together with some sheet metal screws or new rivets. I ran the Factory Pro Configuration 10 in my F2 with D & D full system then later switched to a different exhaust. Check out carb/jet data base sticky. You could probably find one with similar mods and elevation as you to use as a starting point.

Last edited by coalminer frank; 08-27-2016 at 06:25 PM. Reason: Xcitement 711