CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

Good Fairing Brand

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 10:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Good Fairing Brand

ok so airtech is fiberglass....it says they can make all there parts out of carbon fiber as well but thats prolly super pricey...the maier front road race fairing is only 120 dollors which is much better than the airtech......but theres no pic of the product...is this a race fairing with no headlight holes...is it one peice....anyone have some info?

Old 02-12-2008, 10:33 PM

ive seen a MAIER race upper and they have no headlight hole but if your a do it yourselfer then l would buy the front upper and get some fog lights off ebay not round ones or square ones but ones taht look sharp look at the ones for cars like the toyota corolla and you could cut out the holes on the front and have custom twinheadlights which would probably look better then the f2s single head light . just a thought

Old 02-12-2008, 10:40 PM

MAN i would loveto have the duel headlight upper from these people!!! http://www.carenadosuves.com/2006/index2.htm

Old 02-12-2008, 10:40 PM

Fiberglass is nice, butyou're right... it is a bit more brittle (mostly at the edges). Plus side to that is that if it does crack, it's fairly simple to repair perfectly. And can be repaired/altered repeatedly without losingmuch, if any ofit's integrity (eg:surfboards, sailboats).

Drilling slightly larger mounting holes, and avoiding direct metal contact by using rubber grommets or washers should help with flexibility.

Airtech is fiberglass - but judging by the fotos on their website they look like they're well made. That undertail piece looks good!!

Old 02-13-2008, 08:38 AM

Well I purchased the Targa street fairing, I test fit it prior to paint prep and it fit very well, only thing is its a one piece so it takes a little bit to get it over the fairing stays. Also the quality of the Targa piece (even thought it is fiberglass) is great, the fiberglass is very thick and sturdy Only down side is its $300.00, but remember you get what you pay for!! I have heard alot of complaints about the quality of the Maier plastics, as well as airtechs fiberglass is rather thin like the cheetah fairings! The ebay fairings that I saw look a little rough, as well as thin but they dont have the cutouts for the turn signals which is what you originally said you wanted!

Old 02-13-2008, 10:34 AM

yea I want a race fairing..and the turn signals are not a huge deal cause I am going to fiberglass them either way so I can do flushmounts. But yea I figured out what to do about lights ill post up some pics once its done so you guys can check it out!

Old 02-18-2008, 04:59 AM

Hey Squatch, I was interested in doing an F3 conversion on my F2, and was told the fairing stay's were incompadible due to different mirror hole locations.

If this is true I'd offer trade you my stay and a bit of extra $ for your f3 stay, just throwing that out there if that's the case.

Okay, here's the breakdown of how it all works.

'91-94 F2 are all the same parts. No changes part way through the years.

'95-96 F3 use the same tail pieces (rear sides, rear center, tail light, bracket and fender), but the rest of it is different. The front fairing stay (aka birdcage), headlight, gauges, front turn signals, front center, front sides and side plastics/engine access covers are all different and need to be changed as a set. You can't mix'n'match any F2 and F3 front plastic parts - it's gotta be the whole front end. The fairing stay is different because the mirror holes are over 1" different in location, so they won't line up if you don't change it. The side plastics are totally different and line up to the front side plastics in a different manner. They don't line up at all and you can't swap the engine access covers either (the F3 covers will only fit the F3 side plastics). The mirrors are the same (the hole spacing is the same, but the location is different). Also, the front fender for the F3 is different from the F2.

'97-98 F3 use the same front end as the '95-96 F3, but all the tail pieces are different. The rear sides, rear center and bracket, taillight, fender and seat are all different. You can swap the entire rear end without any changes to your wiring.

Hope that helps. Good luck.

Old 02-18-2008, 09:20 AM

Oh well thanks for the offer.....allthough I beleive my stay is an f2 stay......the old f3 fairing was a race fairing as well....but im not sure......ill look into it

Old 02-20-2008, 12:30 PM

Just curious how you are making out?

Old 02-20-2008, 01:27 PM

as far as the fairing hunt? I think I figured out what im going to do for the front...and Its looking like the race front from maier....I have a few things on the list before that but the bike is coming along....side fairings and tank I plan to primer today....Im gonne get mpps for front and rear..and a sprocket kit. after that the front fairing, tail fairing, and seat will come...then the undertail...f3 rear wheel....then powdercoating the wheels, swingarm, rearsets, front fairing stay. and then im going to get mirror block offs, a small bar end mirror, all new fairing bolts, and then paint....Juggling between Italian fighter-jet grey and pearl white....im leaning towards the grey because an old friend of mine has a lamborghini gallardo superleggera that is that color..and has carbon fiber here and there and it really flows well...i think that with the chrome decals and red accents will look really good. But anyway as far as prep and mechanical work shes allmost done...but i still have allot to buy!