CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

Fairing Respray.

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2009, 06:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fairing Respray.

Argh I've put the pictures in the wrong way. Anyway, Ive decided to respray all the fairings on my blade as the paint job really lets the bike down. The picture at the bottom is the current state of affairs.

It also gives me a chance to derust some of the frame and seal it with silver Hammerite.

Not sure how interested people are in DIY respray jobs but I thought id document it.

I've decided to paint all the fairings red and my mate who does vinyl graphics will print out a similar look to what it had.

I've sanded down with 400 then 600 paper before cleaning/washing with fairy liquid and spraying the first coat once it had dried. Im going to go over it with 800 paper tomorrow and hopefully get the last two coats on the small side fairings and rear fairings. Im going for 3 coats paint with 2 lacquer.

The pic below, the rear fairings just drying off. The other ones got its 1st coat on and is drying nicely. I removed the sticker on the first one but it took the best part of 40 minutes! Can I leave the sticker on and spray over the top of it? Im not to fussed if it has to come off as I want to do this properly. I've resprayed a few cars, only difference this time is im doing it at home with spray paint.

You can see where I've scraped off the old sticker on the fairing below it.

The white parts that look like scratches are the reflection of high vis gear in the garage.

This is the old paint.

Any tips or suggestions are appreciated.