CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

F2 vs 350Z

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2008 | 08:34 AM
Default F2 vs 350Z

Ok, you guys can laugh at me and call me what you will, but I have a silly question for you. There is a local guy I see every now and then who has one of the newer 350Z's. I used to see him in the mornings on my way to work and he would try and ride my rear end, well a quick twist of the wrist and I smoke him from the stop light. He got me caught in traffic one day, revving it up and I couldnt get around the cars in front of me (legally) to catch him. Well my bike is back together now, and I just happened to see this 350Z riding threw town, pretty sure its the same car. Doesnt look to fancy, but as far as I can tell he has an exhaust and wheels, its lowered, overall its a nice car. Not sure if theres anything else under the hood, not sure if these new 350's have a turbo option or not. My question is this, I know I should be able to take this guy on my bike, but is there a chance this car could lay the smack down on me? I know it sounds childish, and I usually dont worry myself with idiots, but sometimes certain things strike a nerve wrong with me and I have to do things just to prove a point, besides that this guys drives and acts like an idiot with this friggin car like hes got the fastest thing in town, so please just humor me and tell me whats on your mind.

Old 03-10-2008 | 09:18 AM
Default RE: F2 vs 350Z

I think any CBR600 is going to beat a 350z in any real contest. Nissan does NOT offer a factory turbo or supercharger for the 3.5 V-6 and the nissan website says 304 HP. Sport compact magazine put one on the dyno and only got an actual 248 HP at the wheels. There is a claimed torque of 240 Lbft. With a dry curb weight of 3197 lbs this is no slacker for a modern sports car but it's no race ready monster either. My calculator shows me a real-world 13.3 lbs per HP for the 350 where the CBR 600 F2 is more like 7 lbs per HP with a relatively tubby 180 lb rider. The specs say that it is a hands down no contest.
Let me be a prudish "old guy" for a second though. The street is really no place for a race between vehicles or any kind of stunting. Be very careful. Riders have a tendancy to fixate on the race and not surrounding traffic during one of these little pi$$ing contests. That's why people build racetracks. I know I'm going to sound like a fuddy old fogey but if you have a local drag-track, call him out for a "fun and grudge day". That way you'd have the time slips to prove you slammed him off the top ropes.

Old 03-10-2008 | 10:13 AM

You're going to smoke him unless he has about 500 HP.

Old 03-10-2008 | 10:40 AM

Hey Taz, dont worry your not sounding like a prudish old guy! I dont look for races on the street, I usually mind my own buisiness,and normally dont get bothered by things but this little twit is annoying if you know what I mean! I have street raced in my younger days and have pretty much grown out of that sort of thing (having kids, bills will do that to you) but I guess this guy has just pushed my jacka$$ button, I dont know!

Old 03-10-2008 | 11:09 AM

Take him deerslayer! You'll smoke him by atleast 6-8 cars in a quarter mile if you go the full 12.5k rpms with good shifting. To be honest its no contest at all. I've taken modded evo's with my bike. But at any rate... you should already know that any car that isn't a 12 sec below car doesn't stand a chance. =P Just be safe out there if you do decide to do something stupid. Wait till traffic opens up or if you eye a good pathway through. I've raced many in my younger years as well, car and bike on and off the track. So just be careful. Good luck.

-Jasper

Old 03-10-2008 | 12:38 PM

beat his ***!!!!!

Old 03-10-2008 | 12:56 PM

just make sure you always keep a 8-12 second look out in front of you keep you eyes moving
and use the ****ing turn signals way ahead of time if in doubt dont do it but if you do +1 on having a clear route in your mind and escapes (like the shoulder lane or wrong side of the lane if anything happens)

Old 03-10-2008 | 05:00 PM

Let me say this......one of my very privelages friends has owned two lambhorginis.....First one a 2004 Gallardo..standard version semi-automatic leather luxary blah blah blah.....rated at somewhere around 450 to the wheels...my runs just a tad faster than his.....he traded that one in and put more down on a 2008 gallardo superleggera.....now this is trimmed down allot..has allot of carbon fiber and got rid of all the luxary crap.....plus a different exhaust and a few other things......this one beats my bike by a substantial amount.....but bottom line is unless hes running a ridiculous amount of power to the wheels he is going to get dusted.....the power to weight ratio between a bike and a car are so much that no car stands a chance untill your looking at 500+ to the wheels......bringing us to why bikes are so much cooler than cars

Old 03-10-2008 | 05:25 PM

is no way he gonna catch up whit you. i have a 350z nismo edition and my old f2 will smoke my car even whit all the backfiring is doing at the moment

Old 03-10-2008 | 07:57 PM

you will kill a nearly stock 350. the power number that is being thrown around to keep up is off tho. i was a fortunate owner of a 350+ hp 2g dsm, that kept right with a few 600 cc bikes. never pulled on one, but i got a couple second looks and thumbs up.