F2 Forks

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2011, 04:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F2 Forks

i know theyre 41 m, but does anyone know the exact length? thnx much

Old 10-29-2011, 01:52 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can check mine tomorrow. The measurement I'll get will be front end off the ground and wheel mounted. Dont have time to remove stuff. Gotta load up for the track day Sunday at Summit Point's Shanendoah Circuit.

Old 10-29-2011, 02:50 PM

thnx, ive been googling and no luck yet
Originally Posted by coalminer frank
I can check mine tomorrow. The measurement I'll get will be front end off the ground and wheel mounted. Dont have time to remove stuff. Gotta load up for the track day Sunday at Summit Point's Shanendoah Circuit.

Old 10-30-2011, 10:33 AM

Track day was rescheduled for next weekend so I got you numbers. I got 32 inches and a 16th. From the bottom of the fork to the top of the cap that you remove when seviceing the forks . Not the preload adjusters or the nut shaped thing to remove the caps . I measure to the top of the cap the is 41mm diameter. I guess that would be the top of the lower portion of the cap. Does that make sense.

Old 10-31-2011, 07:18 AM

I'm really hoping you're right. After days of searching on the net I was only able to find one reference to the F2 forks (91-93) & the measurement was much shorter. The measure is key for me because I've been looking to replace my entire front end with the F2 set up. If the forks are too short, when I'm on the track I won't have sufficient ground clearance as my stock from wheel is 19 inches & forks could be longer.

I had given up hope using the F2 & now going to try to verify thru 1 other source & then going to buy an entire front end & a rear wheel. Thnx a lot!
Track day was rescheduled for next weekend so I got you numbers. I got 32 inches and a 16th. From the bottom of the fork to the top of the cap that you remove when seviceing the forks . Not the preload adjusters or the nut shaped thing to remove the caps . I measure to the top of the cap the is 41mm diameter. I guess that would be the top of the lower portion of the cap. Does that make sense.

Old 10-31-2011, 01:23 PM

If the F2 setup fits, the F3 setup will fit since they're nearly identical. If you're doing a full front end conversion, just shoot for the best

Old 10-31-2011, 09:39 PM

Yes, what JesseAwesome said. May as well go for the F3 forks. My bike is 94 f2 with 94 f2 forks. On a side note, I would think it wouldnt matter how long the forks are, to a certain point in theroy, as long as there is enough down thru the triples to get the proper rake, trail, etc, and enough out the top to mount the clip ons to. Know what I mean. Jesse could probly expain it better. I know what Im thinking, just hard to put into words on here.

Old 11-01-2011, 02:45 AM

Sounds like you're referring to getting the forks positioned in the triple trees to retain the original bikes geometry, presuming said stock geometry is desirable.

The f3 and f2 forks share the same lowers, and the uppers are the same diameter. It's the internals that differentiate them.

Old 11-01-2011, 04:03 AM

Dnuts never said what model bike these are going on. Jesse Awesome, the lowers are actually a little different because of the front brakes? Right. F3 floating disc. F2 not. Different wheels, cant put f3 wheel on f2 forks and vice versa. Dont want D Nuts to get mismatched parts that wont work. But you could put f3 upper and internals on f2 lowers so you could still use f2 wheel and brake calipers. Dont wanna step on no ones toes. Jesse Awesome gives alot of great advice and tips, very knowledgeable.

Old 11-01-2011, 07:58 AM

I believe the F2 forks became cartirdge in 94 & the rules do not allow catridge forks. I also believe that 93 was a 41mm fork, but not cartridge which is the max diameter permitted.

As far as brakes, the max is 300mm & they cannot be floating & must be 2 piston.

Would you guys feel that the 93 F2 would be the best bet? Thnx

Oh ya, fork length matters so that I have sufficient clearance. My stock front is 19 inch & going to a 17 is gonna be a significant change. I'm not 100% sure what gonna happen & have been told that could end up scrapping my headers as this is a Vintage Race bike build. Thnx

Dnuts never said what model bike these are going on. Jesse Awesome, the lowers are actually a little different because of the front brakes? Right. F3 floating disc. F2 not. Different wheels, cant put f3 wheel on f2 forks and vice versa. Dont want D Nuts to get mismatched parts that wont work. But you could put f3 upper and internals on f2 lowers so you could still use f2 wheel and brake calipers. Dont wanna step on no ones toes. Jesse Awesome gives alot of great advice and tips, very knowledgeable.

Last edited by D Nuts; 11-01-2011 at 08:01 AM.

Quick Reply: F2 Forks