CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

Embarassed

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2007, 06:38 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Embarassed

Well, I have my first bike...'94 CBR600F2 and I dropped it after putting only 40 mi on it. It wasn't major...I was just starting off, leaving a Mickey D's parking lot when during the turn it slid out from under me. It was so quick that I didn't realize I lost until until I was nearly on the ground. Out of embarrassment, I quickly got up, made sure major controls worked and left as quickly as I could. Didn't help that some lady was yelling, "Are you alright, Are you alright, Are you alright, Are you alright, Are you alright, Are you alright." I figured that I was a complete incompetent rider or something else. No major damage...bent the clutch handle...little bit of road rash but nothing major. Me, my watch cut my wrist a little and my knees scraped up a little. I was only doing 5 or 10 mi. I went back to the site later and it looks like there was an oil slick going across that part of the parking lot. Anyone else have similiar stories to put my mind at ease (because I feel like a complete idiot)?

Old 08-02-2007, 08:19 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Embarassed

when I was like 16 I had an '81 Suzuki GS250...I had stopped at a little mom and pop store in town to get me a lunch to take to school...they had this little dip out in front of the store, id say about 3 ft wide and about 8-10 inches deep...kinda hard to explain, but it was just a dip in the street where it goes back out onto the main road...I was just getting ready to pull outta there and there was a car coming that I didnt see at first glance..so I hammer the front brake real hard and Im smack dab over the center of this ditch where my feet are about a foot from pavement, and I start to tip...totally out of my control at that point and I go all the way to the ground...All about 230 lbs of me goes straight onto my elbow...Still have a scar from that and man I thought for sure my elbow was broke....it wasnt broken, but man did it hurt...anwyays thats my worst stupid wreck story

Old 08-02-2007, 09:38 AM

I was pulling in to my driveway at like 5 mph on my old Ninja 250 and it slid out from under me, it was pretty gay.

Old 08-02-2007, 11:07 AM

Where was your gear? I'm glad you didn't get seriously hurt but if you got road rash from not wearing gear you're just asking for skin graphs[:@]. So what you made a little mistake, you did get back up again! Make sure you keep riding and keep improving. Stupid things like dropping the bike happen to new riders!

Old 08-02-2007, 11:23 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, I know....I had Jeans, Boots, Leather Jacket, Gloves and Full face helmet. The jeans hardly showed any damage...I basically had a rub burn from the jeans shifting. I've been purposely staying on low speed roads until I can get to the store and try out some gear (stored closed before I got to it on Sat). I just look at it that, it could have been worse.

Old 08-02-2007, 01:25 PM

I always park my bike on the sidewalk at work. I use the handicap ramp to drive onto the sidewalk. One time, I put my foot down, and it slipped on the thick blue paint they put on the ramp. I fell on the right side and broke the brake lever off.
I had to call my brother-in-law to pick my bike up with his trailer, and I had to call my wife to pick me up from work.
Pretty embarassing.

Old 08-02-2007, 05:21 PM

Ha, i had my bike for aproximately 2 hours put a good 10 miles on it before i popped the clutch and my bike took off from under me, at that point i decided to leap off instead of trying to regain control. I had a few scratches but the bike got a face to face with the curb and broke my fairing stay,front fairing, mirror, and wind shield......but hey everyone drops it at some point

Old 08-03-2007, 07:38 AM
Registered Users

Everybody drops it some time, no big deal. I dropped my brand new F4i on the 2nd day. Then I dropped it moving it in the garage.[:@]

Old 08-04-2007, 05:24 PM

Here's mine. I got my 93 F2 on a Thursday. Rode it for about 10 min. Friday i woke up rode it around the block a few times before my buddies came over. Then as we were getting onto a busy rode about 10 min. later. I took the turn a little wide and it slipped right out from under me. I blame half of it on my own error and the other half on the fact that my throttle clip on was bent causing the throttle to stick. I ended up with some good road rash on my arm and a nice chunk of skin gone on the pal of my hand. Went back to my house puts some gloves on and went back out. Could have been worse if the cars going 45 hadn't stopped.

Old 08-05-2007, 10:10 PM

I was riding for about 30min-45min through town on my 92 600f2. On my way back home I was turning on a when I saw a car coming down the road I was turning into....made a stupid reaction and hit the front brake and went down. I was only going 5-10mph and turned out that the driver of the car was a hot college chick. I was she did the whole "are you ok, are you ok" I just nodded and was so embarrassed the I picked my bike up as quickly as I could. Im just glad I was wearing my helmet so she couldnt see my face.

Quick Reply: Embarassed