CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

does an f2 have any restrictors?

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2012, 12:41 PM
Registered Users
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you can open the motor , just becarefull whit the screws to not break inside the motor or else you will get some extra work getting out .. some manual clymer or service learning is the funny part well i think lol

Old 05-24-2012, 01:29 PM
Retired Super Moderator, Tin Star Man & Hurricane Saloon Prospect, ROTM Feb 2015
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have taken the engine of my old Honda NS125r apart several times and have been tinkering around bike and car motors as long as I could turn a wrench so I know what to expect in there, it`s just that if the clutch roll is a feature, there`s not a whole lot I can do in there other than change the whole tranny assembly, and if I`d do that, why not just throw in the motor they`re from...And to be honest, I do NOT have the time nor the motivation to start chopping the bike apart just yet... I have been toying with an idea to totally take it apart, and repaint the whole thing, I think it would look kinda funny with canary yellow fairings over a lime green frame, but as I said, as long as I`m living here, and waking up at 4am every morning and getting home after 6pm, I REALLY don`t need another project lying in the garage...IF it fails someday, or after I get out of this little backwoods town we`ll see about it, now I just wanna RIDE! The camera I mentioned earlier came today, and is in the charger for the weekend! gonna get some of those serpent curves out there for you to see! It`s really pretty here in the summertime, trees everywhere, about a million lakes coming up after every other corner etc...

Old 05-24-2012, 02:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All bikes i have had including a jellymould (1st cbr6) i have been able to red line including my 97 f3 . . . . 220kph is about 140 mph

1.6 divided by kilometers = miles
1.6 times miles = kilometers

I know the above maths from driving a truck

Originally Posted by Mattson
talked to two guys today at work, who had had an f2, it was a rev limiter that cut the fun... Well, now I know how fast it goes, and dont have to try again, shouldnt beat an old bike like that anyways...