CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

Cold Starting...weird problem

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2006, 05:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cold Starting...weird problem

Ok first of all its a 94 F2, 20,000 miles very well maintained in nice shape.

V&H Pipe and a Jet kit.

When starting it I run full choke it starts imediatly (1-2 rotations) idels ok and slowly climes in idle as it warms, before it is even above the C maybe 5-6 minuts of idel it slows down and dies. If I were to try to start it aging (which I have) I can crank for a million years with every different variable and it would never start. Letting it sit for 10 minutes or so sometimes helps a little. HOWEVER if I try a roll start it will blubber a couple of times not start but after one attempt at a roll start it starts perfectly every time after (starter not roll) with or without choke.

I dont get it, I know CBR's are a biatch cold thats why they went injected but still any reason for this???

Thanks in advance,
Morgan...

Pix...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...h/IMG_5810.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...h/IMG_5804.jpg

Old 10-18-2006, 06:06 PM
Default RE: Cold Starting...weird problem

Not sure if this would even help, but you might look to see if your fuel line is pinched. I had this problem and the bike wouldnt start at all, but then i could shake the bike real hard or move it and it would start. I got to looking and the fuel filter was empty, I moved the line and it filled right up and cranked. 2 zip ties and not another problem starting. I usually start mine full choke, and it cranks right up, then go no choke right away and keep the engine running with a little throttle until it warms up enough to idle (which usually takes about 30 seconds of manual throttling before it will idle with no choke.

Old 10-18-2006, 06:36 PM

i start it with full choke and as the idle climbs i slowly walk the choke off untill it is fully closed.but definately check your fuel lines (the overflow ) there are 2 of them, i had the same problem also and i pulled the lines straight and the tank un-vapor locked itself... hope it helps.

why are you idleing it for 5 minutes??? thats a LONG time to just sit there... IMO

Old 10-18-2006, 08:26 PM

No line comming off the back of the tank, my printing company happens to share a parking lot with the local Honda Dealer and I talked to one of my dads friends over there and he said its probably a carb issue, if it was vapor locking it would be more prone to do that when hot also and its prefect once its warm. They give me a discounted labor rate so Ill probably just drop it off and have them go through it.

Thanks for the help.

Morgan~