CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

bike stalls out and dies in cross wind

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2009, 06:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What did you have to take apart to put the new clutch cable on? Tank off? Airbox?

How long did it take?

Thanks

Old 04-17-2009, 06:39 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey fo sho! I love AZ and it's good to see another from the valley! Bummer on the cable, but least that's an easy replacement.... Doing the CCT tomorrow myself along with the head and front wheel bearings. Perfect weather for some wrenchin

If you see a black naked CBR600F2 on the freeway with a guy sporting a yellow accent gun metal finish Shoei XSP throw some horns up!

Old 04-17-2009, 11:53 PM

Originally Posted by entity-unknown
Hey fo sho! I love AZ and it's good to see another from the valley! Bummer on the cable, but least that's an easy replacement.... Doing the CCT tomorrow myself along with the head and front wheel bearings. Perfect weather for some wrenchin

If you see a black naked CBR600F2 on the freeway with a guy sporting a yellow accent gun metal finish Shoei XSP throw some horns up!
My f2 is also flat black and naked, with some white rims.

The clutch cable was fairly simple. I didn't have to take anything off (because I

dont have fairings). The clutch cable and ape cct were fool proof.

For the cct, I already had the clutch cable off, but I also removed the clutch cable bracket that is connected by 2 bolts on the case. I think you could just take those 2 bolts out holding on the bracket and just leave the clutch cable still on it, and put it aside when your getting the 2 cct bolts off. On the bottom bolt of the cct I used a ratchet and socket, the top bolt I had to use a 10 mm wrench. Install of the ape is just as easy, as followed in hershey's how to. I basically did hand tight and when I started the bike, i didnt hear the god aweful noise, but I wanted to hear it, so I backed off adjustment bolt until I heard it. I tightened it up until i didnt hear the noise anymore, then went an additional 1/4 turn, and locked in the nut!

I have my oem cct if anybody wants it. Just pay the shipping and its urs.

Last edited by halffast1g; 04-18-2009 at 12:01 AM.
Old 04-20-2009, 07:03 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ha nice I'm rocking the white rims too. Pretty sure they're factory. I got my fairings in my garage, need the bolts for em but I'm not sure if I really want em on, it looks pretty damn sexy without em, sorta Farah Fawcett back in the day, sexy skeleton

That CCT was pretty easy. Seemed a bit easier if you put in the top bolt first then moved it in place, and also tightening down the tension bolt a bit before bolting it in or else that frame mount stopped me from turning it because the nut end got stuck.

Old 04-21-2009, 01:25 AM

glad to hear it went well for you too!