CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

the bike so far

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2009, 04:42 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default the bike so far

well here is my bike, i just painted the rims so far, put on a new rear tire on, painted the tank black. i still need to mount the new front tire, the blinkers, fix the headpiece and front fairings etc, but its a work in progress so here is the first shots for you all to see

Attached Thumbnails the bike so far-rim-w-rotor.jpg   the bike so far-rim-w-out-rotor.jpg   the bike so far-bike-right.jpg   the bike so far-bike-left.jpg  
Old 04-13-2009, 02:54 PM
Ian
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Slick bike, I'm in the process of obtaining new fairings for my 94, I think I'll go with black and keep the yellow wheels.....

-Ian

Old 04-14-2009, 01:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks nice! Keep us updated!

Just an fyi, try not to let anything touch the rims. I painted mine and they chip really really easy. Over time im sure when you get a tire changed its going to get nicked. Just letting you know. I am going to powder coat mine here soon.

Keep us updated!

Old 04-14-2009, 06:13 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what kind of paint did you use on your rims? i obviously had to get the tires put on the rims already and the paint didnt get chipped at all. did you use a laquer based paint product, or did you use an automotive urethane paint. also did you go with a base clear set up or a single stage finish?