CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

headlamp question

Old 07-19-2007, 01:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default headlamp question

anyone on here with an F2 have HID's installed or does anyone have any pics of an F2 with HID's?? im lookin to pick up a set as i already put some on my car and was wanting some better lighting for my f2. any help would be appreciated.

Old 07-20-2007, 05:58 PM
Default RE: headlamp question

I bought an HID H4 kit off eBay for my bike. Waiting for the weather to get nice enough to install it. People have said that it won't look right because the CBR has reflective lenses, but we'll see. Hang tight for a bit and I'll let ya know how it goes. Might install it tomorrow.

Old 07-20-2007, 09:07 PM

ORIGINAL: jasonty

I bought an HID H4 kit off eBay for my bike. Waiting for the weather to get nice enough to install it. People have said that it won't look right because the CBR has reflective lenses, but we'll see. Hang tight for a bit and I'll let ya know how it goes. Might install it tomorrow.
It should look fine.. HID's are a brighter bulb.. it will look fine jsut brighter.

Old 07-21-2007, 09:22 AM

I'm not sure how bright an HID is, but I just put one of the Sylvania Silverstar bulbs in mine. Supposedly it is only slightly less brighter than an HID. During sunlight you can't hardly tell the difference, but in the morning and at sundown you sure can tell. They should just stop selling the old stuff as the new ones are much brighter and easily more visable. (and they are even less than $20 for the bulb)

Old 07-21-2007, 10:34 AM

I just changed to a silverstar myself and ther is a huge diff. The new one has anice white/clear glow wher the old one looked like one of those yellow bug lights I have by my door. If the hid works post it up. Im sure lots of others would like to know including myself on how to

Old 07-21-2007, 04:14 PM

Sorry guys, too wet outside, gotta wait till next weekend. This weather in DFW has been crazy

Old 07-22-2007, 10:43 AM

Not trying to come off as the "New guy that thinks he knows too dang much" but HID's aren't "just brighter bulbs." HID's are by definetion High Illuminitaion Diodes that do produce a large amount of light. HIDs should be installed inside of a projection assembly as opposed to a reflective assembly due to the characteristics of the light output. I don't know all of the technical information about light cutoff, absorbtion percents, and illumitation angles but don't be surprised if when HIDs are insalled into a factory lense, you blind everyone infront of you due to the light not having a proper cutoff and providing a more flood lamp effect.

Just a word of caution, all in all I say go for it, see what happens, and keep us posted!

Oh, BTW, Hello to all and I look forward to reading as much as possible and putting many miles on my "new" 92 600F2.

Jon

Old 07-22-2007, 11:14 AM

And all these years of working with lights and electricity I thought HID meant High Intensity Discharge.Maybe auto lights are different.

Old 07-22-2007, 03:16 PM

I thought it had something to do with Magic J

Old 07-22-2007, 05:19 PM

Mike, you're right...I was having a brain fart...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: headlamp question