CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

Big problem with the carb boots and valves

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2013, 09:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here are a few pics of what came out of my exhaust let me know what you think [IMG][/IMG]

Old 04-10-2013, 10:16 PM

S'not good. Looks like a mix of coolant and oil blown into the exhaust from your cylinder(s). As the vapor cools, it condenses and dribbles out. The stock exhaust has a weep hole to allow stuff to drain out. Otherwise the muffler and pipe could rust out from the inside. If it were gas related it would evaporate and wouldn't have the streaks in it. My guess is blown head gasket with oil cooler leakage thrown in. Bet the gunk is slippery too, coolant. Motor out, pull head, check for heat warp. You'll need a manual like JNS said. It is doable, but you need to know about overhead cams, chains, timing, and such.

If you took the motor to a shop, they would eat your $800 bucks like a snack.

Old 04-11-2013, 05:24 AM

I don't think it's coolant I've done pressure tests on the radiator when the bike was off and it was running it held pressure and didn't leak. I did more reading and asking around I'm thinking one my petcock diaphragm being useless I'm getting way too much fuel into the cylinder . Second I'm probably running rich and had excess left over condensation mixing with fuel coming out the exhaust.

Old 04-11-2013, 08:03 AM
Welcome Crew
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If youve done pressure test and its holding then I would tend to agree with it not being a head gasket. Doesnt really look like coolant to me either. Did you have the pressure tester hooked up while it was running? If so and it didnt fluctuate or peg your gauge, Id be pretty confident its not a head gasket or head. Oil and coolant in my experince at least, comes out looking a lil more like chocolate milk. Your sure its coming out of your exhaust? Dumb question I know, but sometimes chasing leaks can be deceiving. Whats it smell like? I would imagine fuel would have a gas smell and such. Maybe pop the slip on off and try to drain any residual?

Old 04-11-2013, 04:03 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Interesting stuff. Looks like your bike had to "relieve" itself. You can tell a lot by what comes out of the exhaust pipe. If it's coolant mixed with oil, it should have a distinct smell, just like if it's just water coming out, it will pretty much smell clean. Hopefully you'll get it worked out. Sometimes weird things happen, simply because the bike hasn't been run for a long time.

Old 04-11-2013, 08:23 PM

Smell like gas and oil.. My oil seems much! More full. My petcock diaphragm is broken is I better fuel going into the cylinder and I probably need to sync my carbs I'm running rich and my buddy rev the h**l out of it too. But since my new mechanic has it we have done test running and not and no leak with the pressure tester. He said it's not a head gasket just not sure yet he has alot of bikes right now positive it is coming out the end of the exhaust that pic was while I was putting my bike away the pile was at the end of the exhaust pipe being blown out of it ..

Last edited by Arn1016; 04-11-2013 at 08:30 PM.
Old 04-12-2013, 09:34 AM
Welcome Crew and ROTY 2014
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You definitely need to get that fuel tank disconnected from the carbs, having gas constantly draining down into the cylinders is bad, bad, bad, it puts you at risk of hydro-locking the motor, if you attempt to start it with gas in the cyldinders.

Is fuel only leaking past the petcock, when in the "On" or "Reserve" position, due to the diaphragm being faulty, or does fuel leak past the petcock, and into the carbs when the petcock is "Off" as well? If so, that petcock is really gone, and you should connect a length of fuel line to the petcock, and drain the tank into a large enough container, until you can get this resolved.

Arn, you are just having all kinds of fun, huh?

Old 04-12-2013, 12:53 PM

I'm sure it's not a head gasket but yea having tons of fun here ;-) not. Fix one thing think your in the clear and no now it's the next thing. Think I'm running very rich and it was condensation plus the petcock diaphragm broken.. At least i can get some help from you guys