CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

Better pics of my cbr

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2006, 09:56 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Better pics of my cbr

Thanks man. That sucks that you had a bike stolen from you. I cant wait until I can get on this thing. Just need my license and some warm weather.
ORIGINAL: Funedude05

That's a nice looking bike man. Very clean and in good shape for an older bike. the white rims look pretty good on it. My first bike was a '94 F2 and i liked that bike a lot, then it got stolen. But that's another story, anyways i like the bike!

Old 04-16-2006, 03:51 AM

That is in great shape . My first sportbike was a 92 F2 red and white . I want to get another

Someone posted a 91 white and red for sale in the classifieds but i seen it to late [:'(]

Old 04-16-2006, 11:02 AM

Thanks man.. I found mine online. I havent really had a chance to open this thing up so Im not sure what its made of... but from what I have seen of it so far I think Im going to like it alot. I cant decide if I like the paint job or not. Maybe next summer Ill look into a custom paint job.

Old 04-16-2006, 07:09 PM

ORIGINAL: gride99

Thanks man.. I found mine online. I havent really had a chance to open this thing up so Im not sure what its made of... but from what I have seen of it so far I think Im going to like it alot. I cant decide if I like the paint job or not. Maybe next summer Ill look into a custom paint job.
Well i don't know if i would paint that bike . If it's all original you are going to lose out on a very nice part of history .

Back in the day (i'm old . I bought my 1992 F2 new ) , most people who bought that color took off the front stickers near the headlight to get rid of some of the pinkishness . But your bike is in such good shape i wouldn't even do that .

About the power :

The F2 was king in it's day . I had mine for 10 years . The fastest i got it was 145 mph . I believe top speed was rated at 151 mph . If you factor in the speedometer being off a little , i would say about 140 mph (mine was all stock BTW and i believe i could have pushed it a lil faster but i was on a highway not on a track)

Dragstrip : The fastest 1/4 time i got was 12.00 sec . . I can't remember the mph speed in that quartermile run . My friend beat me with his 92 zx6 but he had a pipe and jet kit . He ran a 11.9 sec. 1/4 mile .

In all the magazines i had , the fastest 1/4 mile run for a stock 92 F2 was 11.17 sec. . Now you also have to factor in that it was a professional rider and it was calculated to sea level rating . So me getting 12.00 in the quarter mile made me quite happy

During that day at the dragstrip , i ran against many bikes . One was a 1992 ish fzr 1000 . His fastest time was 11.3 . And when i raced him we ran pretty close untill about the halfway point then he slowly walked away from me . You will definately like the power thru the first 3 gears .

Just my opinion

Crazy D

Old 04-16-2006, 09:44 PM

ORIGINAL: Crazy D

ORIGINAL: gride99

Well i don't know if i would paint that bike . If it's all original you are going to lose out on a very nice part of history .

Back in the day (i'm old . I bought my 1992 F2 new ) , most people who bought that color took off the front stickers near the headlight to get rid of some of the pinkishness . But your bike is in such good shape i wouldn't even do that .

About the power :

The F2 was king in it's day . I had mine for 15 years . The fastest i got it was 145 mph . I believe top speed was rated at 151 mph . If you factor in the speedometer being off a little , i would say about 140 mph (mine was all stock BTW and i believe i could have pushed it a lil faster but i was on a highway not on a track)

Dragstrip : The fastest 1/4 time i got was 12.00 sec . . I can't remember the mph speed in that quartermile run . My friend beat me with his 92 zx6 but he had a pipe and jet kit . He ran a 11.9 sec. 1/4 mile .

In all the magazines i had , the fastest 1/4 mile run for a stock 92 F2 was 11.17 sec. . Now you also have to factor in that it was a professional rider and it was calculated to sea level rating . So me getting 12.00 in the quarter mile made me quite happy

During that day at the dragstrip , i ran against many bikes . One was a 1992 ish fzr 1000 . His fastest time was 11.3 . And when i raced him we ran pretty close untill about the halfway point then he slowly walked away from me . You will definately like the power thru the first 3 gears .

Just my opinion

Crazy D
Your probably right. I'd be very hesitant to touch the paint considering the year and condition. I dont really mind the color that much.. I just dont want it to have more of a girl look if you know what I mean. when I look at the bike I love it, but try explaining that color to your friend or father/brother in law who are huge motorcycle guys. They kind of laughed alittle.. I cant blam them. Although they both want my bike. They say it is one of the best bikes for stunt and fast driving etc.

Old 04-17-2006, 01:20 AM

hey man, nice bike, i got the same exact one. except i dont have that pipe on it. looks nice.. Yea i took off the stickers near the headlight and a few on the side fairings. it looks good.

Old 04-17-2006, 02:35 PM

Nice bike! I too owned the pink. But, I my pink was a touch worse. Take a look. This is how I bought it

And, you can see what it looks like in my sig pic, or, check my gallery
Just an idea if ya wanna do something different

Tylor

Old 04-17-2006, 08:47 PM

ORIGINAL: cbrjeeper

Nice bike! I too owned the pink. But, I my pink was a touch worse. Take a look. This is how I bought it

And, you can see what it looks like in my sig pic, or, check my gallery
Just an idea if ya wanna do something different

Tylor
wow, yours definitly had a touch of pink, you did a good job on the paint job. it looks much better.

Old 04-17-2006, 08:48 PM

Do you have any pics..

Old 04-18-2006, 09:38 AM

Yeah Gride , that's why i got the red and white . Both colors looked good to me . If you are not familiar with the other color , here is a 1992 red and white .

This is one beautiful color IMO . Honda red is always the way to go . (Except for my car )

Quick Reply: Better pics of my cbr