CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

About to under go heavy fab and mod job on 92f2 to f4i subframe,tail and body

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2016, 05:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Custom cut f4i side fairings to show cases for a more modern look and to show off gold billet

Old 08-09-2016, 05:54 PM
Exclamation

Still need to polish covers

Attached Thumbnails About to under go heavy fab and mod job on 92f2 to f4i subframe,tail and body-image.png  
Old 08-18-2016, 10:10 AM

Just installed lowering link and dropped the front a little also for a better stance
And basically got my fox twin clicker dialed in perfect, it's night and day difference on handling , with the stock it handled like a Mac truck and now it takes turns like a 2 door sports car. Also received front flush mount turn signals, gold fairing kit, and new rectifier because my stock one caught on fire the other night so I'm gonna install that right now even tho my other one still works it's just gives me peace of mind and also has nice cooling fin body instead of rubber body and since these are known to get hot I'm going the extra mile and installing a little computer fan on top to even further the cooling , and last but definitely not least is along with that stuff coming on the mail yesterday the day before that I got my 5X15' roll of vinyl wrap to throw some color on the blank canvas that is my plain white plastic fairings , so I got a lot to do today so more pics coming soon and also expecting a few more things to come via mail man today so we shall see

Old 08-18-2016, 05:24 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

First of all I appreciate your enthusiasium for mods and making the bike better. But Im confused on why add the Fox shock (makes handling better) and the install lowering link (make handling worse). Even if you think its better, when ripping up the twistys at a agressive pace hard parts are going to be dragging the road such as foot pegs, gear shift lever, rear brake pedal, and side kickstand. Which in turn might lever the tires off the ground. Because the whole package is lowered you wont be able to lean over as far without dragging something. I've dragged my kickstand, rear brake lever,and gear shift lever at the track and my bike is not lower and aftermarket rearset pegs that are 1"back and 1" higher than stock. Be careful. If you personally are not vertically challenged you should probably not be lowering the bike. Unless you just like the look of a lowered bike, but be aware.

Old 08-18-2016, 05:31 PM

And another thing, most people with F2's & F3's add the Fox shock because they want better handling, and one of the benefit of the Fox is adjustable ride height. And they raise the rear ride height, not lower it.

Old 08-27-2016, 05:22 PM

Ya coal miner I get what you are saying and no I'm 5'11 so I don't consider myself vertically challenged by any means but like u were saying the fox shock raises the back a bit and even at its lowest point it was still two high a stance for my liking partially because my f4i subframe and tail mod was angled a little more agressive so the combination was two high for my liking , and I really just like the look of a lowered bike , but ya I had I dumped pretty low but after your input and a little trial and error riding it around I adjusted the bike up a bit from where I had it but still kept it sitting low , but just raised enough to where it doesn't hit any thing when I get real low on turns

Old 08-27-2016, 06:36 PM

Question.....Was the stock factory shock too high? like you said the Fox was. If not, you should be able to set the Fox to the exact same height/length as the stock shock. What I did, before I put my Fox on was measure the factory shock eye center to eye center, then set my Fox to that length. Then add the recommended increase with the ride height adjustment built into the Fox. There was a Fox shock manual here on this forum somewhere, I downloaded it and printed it off. I took it with me to the track to dial it in.

Old 08-30-2016, 02:24 PM

@coalminer/ um well when the bike was all stock yeah I had plenty of leg room with the stock shock so no it wasn't to long at all but after I attached the f4i subframe it was a lot taller because I angled the f4i subframe at the same angle as an rr for the more agressive look

Old 08-30-2016, 02:40 PM

So what you're actually doing is adjusting your suspension so the tail section is lower to look better, even though you might be adjusting your shock in a negative way that would make it handle worse. I would adjust the suspension properly to get proper handling and then reattach the subframe in a lower, more eye pleasing position. But thats just me. Basicly what you're saying is if you bought rearview mirrors that were too tall, you would lower the front suspension to get the mirrors lower. ?