CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

94 cbr f2 fighter

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2010, 05:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 94 cbr f2 fighter

Well, Knife told me to stop hijacking his thread and make my own so here i go.

So far i started with a 94 f2 that was a piece, no fairings, and beat to hell. Then i obtained a 91 f2 from a local here, that i met after here on this site, small world.

Anyways, I'm using my previous 94 forks, frame, swinger, rims, etc. and the 91 engine because the 94 wasnt in the best shape of its life.

So far, I have painted the engine, just today finished painting the frame (tabs removed), painted the rear sets, pegs, forks, rims, clip ons, triples, etc.

Going to be using a ducati seat, that i bought offa member here as well

It should start getting re-assembled in the next few days and i will have tons of pics.

Right now I'm working on the gauges, I took apart the OEM cluster and removed the speedo and RPM gauge and I'm going to attempt to make two small cylinder gauges with the two and mouth them to the triples until i find a digital gauge that i want in my price range.

Thats all for now, I'll get some pics up of the engine and frame soon

I love this forum

Old 07-22-2010, 06:11 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sounds like a lot of good work.
LOL - I'm going the other way - my bike is naked right now and I'm working on getting fairings back on it.

Old 07-22-2010, 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by adrenalnjunky

Sounds like a lot of good work.
LOL - I'm going the other way - my bike is naked right now and I'm working on getting fairings back on it.
Lol I knew that was coming, I'll get some pics soon!.

I like my bikes like i like my woman, Naked

Old 07-22-2010, 06:43 PM

funny I will soon be undertaking the SAME project...(see signature), Converting to streetfighter. Trying to get ideas....NOT STEAL just Ideas.

Old 07-22-2010, 10:03 PM

Pictures

Vance&hines headers, painted black

Frame all glossy black

Previously painted engine

Frame and engine together forever

Old 07-22-2010, 10:15 PM

looking good. I was going to convert to a fight, but had a sudden change of heart

Old 07-22-2010, 10:15 PM

fighter** sorry!!

Old 07-22-2010, 10:17 PM

Weather man says bad weather tomorrow, Thats why its on the wagon, My transporter, So i can move it under cover.

Still have to repaint the swinger (didnt come out the way i wanted it to) The rear rim hub, and re-do my top triple...i dropped it while i was spraying clear on it, DOH!

After i have all that together i get to start the fun part.....chopping and shortening my wiring harness...yay...
Then mod the duc seat a little more.

Still have to order a sheet of ABS plastic for my undertail and head light fairing, My tail light, And my head light, grips, throttle tube, GSXR regulator (anyone got one for sale?)

Lots of work to do...still have to swap oil pans too, And change out the ACCT to the MCCT on my other engine.

Its coming together slowly but surely.

Old 07-24-2010, 02:11 PM

Motor looks awesome! makes me wanna tear my bike back apart actually... what kind of paint did they use on the valve cover?

Old 07-24-2010, 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by kray923
looking good. I was going to convert to a fight, but had a sudden change of heart
Totally missed your post! Thanks, I had no option it didnt come with fairings lol

Originally Posted by TooBroke0029
Motor looks awesome! makes me wanna tear my bike back apart actually... what kind of paint did they use on the valve cover?
Thanks! I actually used rust-olium 500 degree paint for the block, and for the valve cover i used a valspar interior/exterior paint, I dont know how well it will hold up to the heat, But if it doesnt, i can take the valve cover off easily and re-spray it with some high heat.

Quick Reply: 94 cbr f2 fighter