Old 06-21-2013, 03:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Still loving the build man

Old 06-21-2013, 10:30 PM
Welcome Crew and ROTY 2014
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by sharky nrk
Still loving the build man
Thanks sharky... refresh my memory, are you doing any MCRA stuff this season? I won't be at Gateway this month, but I'll be back there in September.

Old 07-08-2013, 03:43 PM
Default Big Dog "bump"

So, I haven't had any updates in a while, and I thought I would post on why that is.

This here is Big Dog #21 - a '95 Vintage Classic, that recently "fell in my lap".
I've been busy getting it on the road, doing maintenance, sorting out various little mechanical issues, carb work, cleaning and polishing, etc.... this thing had been out of commision for the last 8 years!

This is when I first brought it home:

Partially dismantled for work on the carb, changing plugs, new battery, inspecting coil, diagnosing trouble with the ignition switch, cleaning the fuel filter, replacing air filter, etc.:

Cleaning and rebuilding the S&S Super E Shorty:

And how it sits now, after ditching the windscreen and sissy bar, and getting some polishing done to the piles of dull, somewhat rusted chrome:

As you can see, when comparing to the second pic, the chrome/polished aluminum "pops" a lot more, especially the rocker box/covers, oil tank, and air cleaner cover.

There's a lot more yet to do, but I've definitely come a long way with it.

Old 07-08-2013, 04:53 PM
Welcome Crew
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looking good Jeff hows she ride?

Old 07-09-2013, 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by gtcole
Looking good Jeff hows she ride?
Like buttah

I've still got magic to work on the fueling, but we're getting there, it's far better than how it started... now I'm fine tuning the accelerator pump operation, and then I'll be able to determine if I need a larger intermediate jet.

Old 07-10-2013, 01:51 PM

WOW your bikes are amazing! I have had an 92 F2 for years that has never really run all that well or looked all that good, it has 22k on it. I bought it in 08 @ 10pm didn't put insurance on it because it was late. Came out next morning and it was gone. I got the bike back but it was beat up, and couldn't get any compensation. So I just let it sit...

I am hoping to use your thread as a guide and motivator to help get mine looking as good. Thank you for such a detailed thread and so many photos!

Cheers, Nate

Old 07-10-2013, 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by Nateclimb
WOW your bikes are amazing! I have had an 92 F2 for years that has never really run all that well or looked all that good, it has 22k on it. I bought it in 08 @ 10pm didn't put insurance on it because it was late. Came out next morning and it was gone. I got the bike back but it was beat up, and couldn't get any compensation. So I just let it sit...

I am hoping to use your thread as a guide and motivator to help get mine looking as good. Thank you for such a detailed thread and so many photos!

Cheers, Nate
Thanks Nate... good luck with progressing on yours!

Old 08-07-2013, 09:08 AM

So, finally starting to get some more stuff done on the race bike. I removed the bodywork, tank and airbox, in preperation to pull the carbs to verify things are still clean, and settings are right, in addition to removing the OEM choke cable.
I sold the left hand switchgear from the street bike, and now that I've decided to get that thing on the road again, I need the switchgear from the race bike.
I got a Motion Pro choke cable for a 900RR, which has the correct length and cable-end size, and will mount that when I remove the switchgear and corresponding harness - all I'll need to do then on the race bike, is run new two new wires to the clutch lever switch, so I can still start the bike with the clutch in, when it's not in neutral... I could just bypass it, but it's simple enough to keep it as it was.

I aquired another Two Brothers exhaust system, and though I'll have to re-pack/refurbish the muffler, the header looks much nicer than the Two Bros. which is already on the race bike, so I'm going to do a swap, and put the other header, with the new mid-pipe and can, on the street bike.

Old 08-07-2013, 09:15 AM

That exhaust header definitely looks nice.

Old 08-07-2013, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by R3define
That exhaust header definitely looks nice.
Yeah, I thought the first one looked nice for its age, but this one is really nice! I might even really try to clean this one up, see if I can make it even nicer.

Quick Reply: '93 F2 Mods - Phase 2