CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

93' f2 help

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2008, 07:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 93' f2 help

Hi everyone! I'm new to the forum here, an just purshased my third Honda an it's a 1993 cbr600F2. Here is a litlle history on the bike it has sat in a garage for the past few years, has minor cosmetic damage but looks great still! It has had some carb work i belive done to it years ago an ran just fine, this was a good friend of mine bike an rode together. Thinking just had different jets put in! But now after just sitting for a couple years the bike starts up just fine, but once you go an give it throttle it wants to die an does some times! Was wondering if a good tune up , (spark plug, sync the carbs) would fix this or is there something else thats the matter? an what kind of spark plugs do you guys resommened using?.. Thanks in advanced and appreciate any help!

Old 04-16-2008, 08:14 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 93' f2 help

Clean the pilot jet. Other jets are probably clogged too. Seafoam might clear them out...but nothing beats making sure they are clean.

Spark plug replacement might be in order...just check to see their condition. Sync carbs....wouldn't hurt. Adjusting Pilot screw wouldn't hurt. Changing the oil et al would probably be a good idea. There's a few recent threads concerning spark plugs.

Old 04-16-2008, 08:58 PM

Thanks woo545! my buddie just changed the oil last weekend! so i get spared that part! but on the topic of the seafoam, was wondering how much to use an where? I just did this to my mustang an used 1/3 oil,1/3 gas an the last 1/3 in vacume line! not sure how everyone is using it on there bikes! but doing the seafoam would just be a temp thing so im able to drive it to the person who would sync my carbs an what not!.. Once again Thanks woo545

Old 04-25-2008, 10:07 PM

k just got the bike today and its a 1992! First off my buddie fired it right up with it on full choke before we loaded it, came an dropped it off at my place an nothing! wouldnt start for the life of me, so i toke the tank an things off an sprayed the H3ll out the the carbs an then unscrewed the bowl to let it all the carb cleaner out! so put all that back on an then replaced the spark plugs, the thing about that is i forgot to put on the boot on the far left plug an tried starting it an of course nothing, i noticed it an put it on an still nothing! just cranks cranks an cranks, every so often it sounds like is gonna turn over but doesnt. the same thing it did once i got it to my place. now what the heck could be the problem? the spark plugs that i toke out there tops was black for the record! Im hoping its something small, but with my luck i doubt it so any info would be a great help, thanks

Old 04-25-2008, 10:15 PM

Hmm thats kinda fishy that it started for him, im thinking he had some carb cleaner in it and helped it fire off.

I think syncing the carbs is ur best bet, just change the plugs.

Old 04-25-2008, 10:41 PM

yea its got me a little flustered, i mean it would die on him if he gave it throttle but would fire right back up like nothing. but now its just cranks an cranks an will get spark and want to fire but wont! just paid a nice chunk of change for this , thinking al i had to do was pull the tank an things an spray off the carbs, even ran some seafoam in it an now looks like im gonna have to fork out even more money to someone that can tear the carbs apart clean em an sync em an hope that works an not have to fork out anymore money

Old 04-25-2008, 10:52 PM

Change the plugs first. Take it step by step.

Old 04-25-2008, 11:21 PM

i put new plugs in it, but think im gonna take em out tomorrow an make sure there not wet. if they are cant i just wipe em off an let em dry? also read that u shouldnt start your bike with a plug wire off , that itll mess your coils or whatever up! an i was cranking on it tryin to get it started with one off! I dont have a place to work on it was outside in the dark with a light an was in a hurry since it was bright an in the neighbors window so got in a hurry an forgot to put the last plug on! sooo just gonna try an get this all out my head tonight an see what happens tomorrow

Old 04-25-2008, 11:54 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you hit the carbs with starter fluid, does it start? It should immediately but might go out after a couple seconds. If it does, then i go with a carb issue. Wouldn't hurt to check the plugs though.

Old 04-26-2008, 12:38 AM

if you have enough ability to remove the float boals just clean the jets. Pull the bowls off, remove the float unscrew the jets and spray them with carb cleaner. I found a brass tiny wire brush you get at the auto store for cleaning rims and stuff (they come in sets of three, plastic, steel and brass) works perfect. remove one wire from the brush and it will fit perfectly in the jet hole. Try that before you sync them. they may be fine....i know mine were.