CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

'91 F2 Project.........

Old 08-16-2017, 04:26 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by ep224
is that YOUR garage or a shop?!!
Shop, I work for a Honda dealer.

Originally Posted by ep224
...Display can be completely customized for 10-15-20K rpm, just about any cylinder config, temp, wheel size (for magnetic speed sensor), mph/kph, backlighting, and list of other things.

can you post a pic of the dash after the install? very cool.
I have some cleaning up to do, most likely replace the dash bracket bolts with black ones. I used backstrap pieces to make a sturdy base for the display so when the buttons are pressed it doesn't move.

Last edited by ohiophotog; 03-13-2024 at 08:40 PM. Reason: Fixed photos
Old 08-17-2017, 10:40 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice digital dash.....wheels are turning for my 900rr now

Old 09-06-2017, 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by 900rrGuy
Nice digital dash.....wheels are turning for my 900rr now
Thanks, I bought the same one for my SuperHawk 996 a few years back, made it easy for wiring and setup for the CBR. So far have logged 3K miles on it, no issues.

Old 09-06-2017, 10:16 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ohiophotog
Thanks, I bought the same one for my SuperHawk 996 a few years back, made it easy for wiring and setup for the CBR. So far have logged 3K miles on it, no issues.
how hard is it to install a digital wheel sensor so I can go without my cable?

Old 09-06-2017, 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by 900rrGuy
how hard is it to install a digital wheel sensor so I can go without my cable?
Very easy, there is a bracket that ties or bolts to the front fork or brake bracket (either side), this bracket holds the wheel sensor pickup. Koso supplies these small magnets , you only will need one of these. It fits inside the the brake rotor bolt, and is picked up by the wheel sensor on the fork. Sensor plugs into the back of the dash and you can specify wheel circumference to get the MPH correct, I checked it with GPS on my phone.

Old 10-22-2017, 05:53 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I see lots of guys going for aftermarket clusters after a crash, but I didn't see a thing wrong with yours...

Old 10-28-2017, 09:51 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Our stories are similar. My first bike was a '73 Honda CB350, my second an '89 CBR600F. I was told to break it in below 5,000 rpm so did. It had so much power that I figured that was it. Even after break in I never took it over 5,000 rpm until one day, merging onto the freeway, here comes a truck, wound it up and just about came off the back. After that you couldn't slow me down.

Old 12-02-2017, 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by EchoWars
I see lots of guys going for aftermarket clusters after a crash, but I didn't see a thing wrong with yours...
Yea, my cluster was in great shape. I put the Koso dash on my SuperHawk 996, loved it so much, wanted it for the F2. Gets me a clock, upgraded info and digital display.

Originally Posted by heresolong
Our stories are similar. My first bike was a '73 Honda CB350, my second an '89 CBR600F. I was told to break it in below 5,000 rpm so did. It had so much power that I figured that was it. Even after break in I never took it over 5,000 rpm until one day, merging onto the freeway, here comes a truck, wound it up and just about came off the back. After that you couldn't slow me down.
Very similar stories indeed. My 1st was a '72 CB750, 1st sportbike I rode after that was '94 F2, good grief that thing was insanely fast compared to my CB. Hooked after that.......

Bottom photo, how it started, top photo, where it ended up.

Last edited by ohiophotog; 03-13-2024 at 09:24 PM.
Old 03-13-2024, 09:41 PM

Back at it, with a new dash and some new bodywork ordered. 1st up is the new dash, Koso RX4 with TFT display, completely programmable, a/f ratio, immobilizer support, automatic display brightness, dual temp sensors, fuel level, gear indicatior, Bluetooth support, etc. Was time to upgrade from my DB-02R, gained a lot of new features. This display looks very similar to the one found on the new CBR1000RR, all you info at a glance: battery v, trip, odo, rpm, mph, gear, fuel, etc. The F2 only has 9 wires to connect: power, switched, ground, L/R turn signals, hi beam, oil pressure, neutral, and lastly rpm. There are 2 wire sets to connect, the temp sensor and the speed sensor (mounted on the front fork). It has a learning mode to calculate MPH. The display night mode has different colors to select, the day mode gives you the white background with black letters, and it has light sensor to change it automatically. So far I impressed with it, my 3rd Koso dash and the quality is top notch. Video below, I learned later after the inital startup screen, you get the condition screen, then if you start the bike it changes to it regular screen, I thought I had to press the 2 buttons to change, not needed I found.

https://kosonorthamerica.com/product...ter-universal/

Ordered up a Red Bull Racing fairing kit from Fairing Master, hopefully it comes with no damage. I know the chinese fairings can be iffy on fitment.

Last edited by ohiophotog; 03-13-2024 at 09:44 PM.
The following users liked this post:
heresolong (03-14-2024)
Old 03-14-2024, 06:45 PM
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Wow, really liking your progress the bike is coming on leaps and bounds my friend and that Red Bull kit looks the business she'll look awesome with all that fitted. I tend to stay away from Chinese stuff as I've mentioned before on another post but I suppose as to fitting it'll just be the same as "Pattern parts you always have to make slight adjustments here and there to get anything made by them to fit properly. You've done a great job of bringing her back up to scratch so far with a little more time spent she'll look the doggies wotsits the black looked good but I can't wait to see her in her new livery she'll turn heads wherever she goes and that's a fact.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: '91 F2 Project.........