CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

1994 honda cbr 600 f2 questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2014, 07:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1994 honda cbr 600 f2 questions

So I just bought a 94 honda cbr and wondering what shock I can fit into it without drilling, etc. I have been reading that an f3 shock will fit easily but what year exactly? Also if anyone know where I can get fairings for it, that would be awesome..Need a new set..Thanks

Tom

Old 03-19-2014, 09:10 PM
Welcome Crew
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Fairings best bet is ebay or craigslist. If you are patient and watch you should be able to pick up some for a decent price. Of course if you find sind with damage you are willing to repair the price goes down alot. Other then that, they can get pricey.
As for the shock, I've heard the f4 fits but raises the ride height. I'm sure someone will be along shortly with a more informed answer. Good choice on the bike though and post pics when you get a chance

Old 03-19-2014, 09:18 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good choice in bike mate, they F2's are a brilliant bike. Awesome to ride and look up par to some of the newer bikes of today. I've been told also that a F4 shock will fit. I would think a f3 would also fit. As for the kit e-bay has Chinese kits pretty cheap tho be prepared to do some adjusting I've heard.
Good luck with the bike and would like to know if the F4 / f3 shock works for you.

Old 03-20-2014, 02:08 AM

Thanks everyone! Yea the rear shock does not do any good. When I push down on it it gets allllll the way to the end..lol need something new. Thanks for the responses. Ive heard that the ebay ones from China are garbage and not worth the price they ask for. I will just get piece by piece, and sand down all the way to the bottom and do the paint myself. As of now. This is what it is.

(links removed)

So I most definitley need a new shock, gonna get brakes and rotor first. and also, my turn signals dont work either, so will have to play around with that for a little bit, bought a project, but should be fun none the less

bike has the carbs jetted to jet 3 with a power commander and a two brothers exhaust. smells like a go kart, but is super duper quick.

cant wait to get it looking good. any other input on the shock PLEASE LET ME KNOW!!!

THANKS!

Last edited by 74demon; 03-20-2014 at 09:46 AM. Reason: remove bad links
Old 03-20-2014, 02:10 AM

Also, when it comes to fairings, I have seen that the 1998 frame is the same as the 1994. Would the 1998 fairings fit on the 94 bike? its the same setup? just wondering if it would cuz theres A LOT BIGGER selection on ebay for that year.
THanks,
Tom

Old 03-20-2014, 02:41 AM
Super Moderator
Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

Tom,

For the photos from photobucket, copy and paste the IMG code into your post.

Cheers, SB

Old 03-20-2014, 03:51 AM

the f3 shock up to 1996 is the same part code so should drop straight in (i hope so because mine has just arrived). the later shocks should also fit but the part number is different.

Old 03-20-2014, 04:38 AM
Retired Super Moderator, Tin Star Man & Hurricane Saloon Prospect, ROTM Feb 2015
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hmm, just to throw my 2c on the table, the SHOCK doesn't restrict the pushing down, it stops the bike from bouncing, what setting is your rear spring preset, there is that turnable nut under the spring, it has numbers on it, there also is an arrow or a notch on the frame of the shock, should be on the side. What number is aligned to the arrow? Another thing to check is look at the ends of the spring, does it look like it could have been cut or snapped? Thinking about if someone has lowered the bike and done it wrong...

Old 03-20-2014, 09:35 AM

Name:  20140319_145707.jpg
Views: 148
Size:  49.7 KB

Name:  20140319_150508.jpg
Views: 113
Size:  39.8 KB

thanks for the info, I will check it out tomorrow when it is warmer out. Chicago is being messed up with its weather at the moment.

Tom

Old 03-20-2014, 02:40 PM

[QUOTE=Mattson;1268054]Hmm, just to throw my 2c on the table, the SHOCK doesn't restrict the pushing down, it stops the bike from bouncing, what setting is your rear spring preset, there is that turnable nut under the spring, it has numbers on it, there also is an arrow or a notch on the frame of the shock, should be on the side. What number is aligned to the arrow? QUOTE]

sorry should have picked up on this as well, these bikes have preload adjustment along with compression and preload damping. first make sure the big nut on the bottom of the shock is not wound all the way to the bottom. this makes it softer and at its minimum setting it must be for a very light person. i am guessing 45-50kg but someone on here will know the exact answer. after you have wound the preload up then you can start messing with the damping.

I know i have only repeated what mattson has already posted but i have typed it now so i will press post