CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

1994 cbr600f2

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2013, 02:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1994 cbr600f2

Just acquired this bike and looking to get it lined out in time for those warm summer night rides. The guy who I got the bike from said it needed a new rectifier and battery 2. Needs new tires 3. Speedometer doesnt work ( disconnected speed sensor??) 4. Needs new fairings so I will have to buy a complete set. Would like to learn as much as I can to bring this bike along. Would love to take any and all advice.

Should I flush and replace all the fluids in the bike and go ahead and change the oil??

Old 03-01-2013, 06:05 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to the forums and possibly google and the search button are your best friends.

Fluids should all be changed IMO if the seller doesnt have proof for reciepts. If your tight on budget just start by the oil then the rest to get best performance out of everything. By the way post some pictures of how she looks.

Old 03-01-2013, 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by campos_motorsports
Welcome to the forums and possibly google and the search button are your best friends.

Fluids should all be changed IMO if the seller doesnt have proof for reciepts. If your tight on budget just start by the oil then the rest to get best performance out of everything. By the way post some pictures of how she looks.

Not too tight on money just would like an order of how I should go about things. I figured performace first and then cosmetics second. It may look good but run like crap kinda thing. Just need a place to start I guess. I dont think changing the oil and putting new fluids in it should be too hard. Kinda new to all this so ANY advice is welcomed.

Old 03-01-2013, 07:32 PM

Not hard at all man, its way easier than doing it on a car. Remove all your fairings and you will pretty much know what to do.

Old 03-01-2013, 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by campos_motorsports
Not hard at all man, its way easier than doing it on a car. Remove all your fairings and you will pretty much know what to do.

I believe I will do all that I can here at the house and the more advanced stuff Ill take to a local dealer and have them help because the last thing I want to do is screw something up on here. BTW, when the wife saw the bike she immediately went and ordered me some sweet gear to ride and wear. A BELL helmet with tint visor and ICON jacket.

Old 03-01-2013, 08:46 PM

hey man, congrats on the bike and the awesome wife, mine took 3yrs to accept the idea of me owning a bike.

i would suggest getting the bike running smooth before working on cosmetics. assuming shes running then strip it and do a full service, plugs, fluids, filters, etc this wish flush the system and highlight other issues.

if its not running then that would be first place to look, remembering that a rectifier seems faulty if there is only 1 bolt but works perfectly with both bolts in and therefore properly grounded. Batteries are cheap so thats a minor issue. i wouldnt worry with the speedo right now until it becomes a necessary, more important things to look at would be brakes and fork seals and tyres. Then once you enjoying the ride stop and make her look as good as she rides.

Hope I cleared up the "order" in which you should do things, basically as you mentioned.

Old 03-01-2013, 08:47 PM
July 2013 ROTM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

best of luck

Old 03-01-2013, 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by clayton130
hey man, congrats on the bike and the awesome wife, mine took 3yrs to accept the idea of me owning a bike.

i would suggest getting the bike running smooth before working on cosmetics. assuming shes running then strip it and do a full service, plugs, fluids, filters, etc this wish flush the system and highlight other issues.

if its not running then that would be first place to look, remembering that a rectifier seems faulty if there is only 1 bolt but works perfectly with both bolts in and therefore properly grounded. Batteries are cheap so thats a minor issue. i wouldnt worry with the speedo right now until it becomes a necessary, more important things to look at would be brakes and fork seals and tyres. Then once you enjoying the ride stop and make her look as good as she rides.

Hope I cleared up the "order" in which you should do things, basically as you mentioned.

Thanks man your post was very helpful. I hope to get pics up soon.

Old 03-02-2013, 12:20 AM

Hell yea my wife still doesnt understand the passion one has for a bike/car.

For a tune up I dont see why you would take it to a dealer man, as soon as you remove the fairings you will see the oil filter right behind the manifold, the spark plugs well you know where they are, and basically go from the there.

Old 03-02-2013, 01:38 AM

glad i could help.

Quick Reply: 1994 cbr600f2