CBR 600F 1987 - 1990 CBR 600F Forum

Run out of fuel?

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2013, 11:18 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kungfutree22
Bah, when I picked up mine, the carbs were jacked. I was running super rich and getting about 10 MPG. The day of my license test, I decided to go get some low speed maneuvering practice in. It's early so the gas stations in my town are closed so I'm on my way into the next big town. I get about 2 miles from a gas station, idle shoots sky high and I panicked and lowered my idle at a light. I get another about 100 yards from there and it just dies out, no sputter. I try to get it started again, I start talking to my bike saying I'll never complain about a high idle again, just start. Drain my battery, go over to trying to bump it in a tiny parking lot. Then I check my tank. Bone dry. So I called my buddy who was taking his test that day as well (same session as me). Cops show up in the lot I was sitting in, and I explain what happened to them. They radio back to dispatch to call a tow truck. Just as they finish, my buddy pulls in. Then the cops got to watch me bump my bike in a parking lot filled with gravel. I passed my test though.

lmao. Great story, man.