Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2011, 03:58 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sorry for the quality photos, is from my mobile
http://imageshack.us/g/27/photo0092x.jpg/

1) you can see the cable around the brake tube;
2) the cable goes inside fender;
3) you see the sensor;
4) magnet on bolt with a little silicone, because the first one get off in high speed!!!

Works great since last year, the new magnet with a little silicone never get off. The first magnet I use didn't have enough power for sensor detect so I use a magnet from laptop speaker!!

Last edited by PSonic; 05-26-2011 at 04:08 AM.
Old 05-26-2011, 04:11 AM

in manual many you can see what is the temp when cooling fan start. My fan start when in dash the point is between middle and top. But I'm totally sure because my dash have serious problems, I need another!

Old 05-26-2011, 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by CSXfan
Thanks guys. I tried to take one of the boots off and it doesn't want to move. I haven't looked in my manual yet, but is it even possible to remove them? That's a great idea though.

Anyone know what the range of the stock temperature gauge is? I want to program the trail tech computer to warn me when the bike is getting too warm. What's considered normal/dangerous temps?
With the aluminum in those motors, I'd be nervous if my water temp hit 210, nervous if it hit 220, and shut it down at 230. Does the thermostat have a temp rating on it? I can't think of an automotive t-stat that goes above 190, so in theory when it hits 210, the cooling system efficiency has been exceeded.

I have always had air cooled bikes, so this Hurricane and my new CX500 Turbo are my first water cooled bikes, so I'm still learning.

As far as the spark plug wire\heat shrink thing. I'm pretty sure you can unscrew the cap goodie at the coil, then slide the wire out and have just the bare ignition wire without any boot.

BTW, looking great!

Old 05-26-2011, 06:26 PM

My clymer manual says that the fan is supposed to kick on between 208 and 216 (or something like that). How far is the needle on the stock gauge when your fan kicks on? My cooling fan has never worked (the thermostatic switch is bad) so I've never been able to find out for myself.

Old 05-27-2011, 04:04 AM

In my is something like that (ebay photo):

But my dash isn't in good condition, you need confirm with another bike for sure.

Old 05-27-2011, 04:27 AM

I upload part of original service manual, the cooling system starts on page 23. You can find all information you need to test termostatic switch and another points.
In page 28 they say the same temp 208-216
Honda CBR600F _1987 - 1990_ shop manual sections 04-07.pdf - 17.50MB

Old 06-10-2011, 06:43 AM

PSonic, thanks for the links, that helps quite a bit. I installed a new thermostatic switch thinking that would solve my fan problem but the stupid cooling fan still won't work. I've gone through the entire electrical system twice and I still can't figure out what's wrong. It all points back to a bad thermo switch but I have a hard time believing that the new switch I bought from the dealer is broken. Any thoughts?

I got the seat, rear fairing, and tail light mounted. I also installed the Kawaski front fender but I don't have any pictures of that. Yesterday I took the gas tank and fairings to my favorite body shop to get them painted but they told me they were 2 weeks behind . I don't feel like waiting that long so hopefully today I can find a place that can get it done sooner.

Here's how it sits now. Not a huge fan of that headlight, but it does put out a lot of light and it was cheap. I was going to get the acerbis cyclops headlight but I read reports of them not lighting up the road very well at night and they're not DOT approbed. I do most of my riding at night so a good headlight was a must.

Name:  IMG_1054.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  100.7 KB

Name:  IMG_1052.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  99.2 KB

Old 06-13-2011, 04:12 AM

looks great, except new fuse box spot!!!

To test your fan use 12V direct source on fan plug to see if starts

I need see after you put the fairings, I prefer with fairings.

Old 06-17-2011, 10:51 AM

Nice. The rear end looks awesome.

Old 06-17-2011, 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by PSonic
looks great, except new fuse box spot!!!

To test your fan use 12V direct source on fan plug to see if starts

I need see after you put the fairings, I prefer with fairings.
good call, did you consider that the fan itself might be broken?

Quick Reply: Rebuilding the cane