CBR 600F 1987 - 1990 CBR 600F Forum

Rear brake adjustment?

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2009 | 06:40 PM

+1 to the above post(s). You can adjust the rear brake lever by loosening the lock nut and the turning the shaft until the lever is at the desired angle.

Old 07-21-2009 | 11:03 PM
|

I appreciate your feedback, let me say that the brakes are no where near reaching the point of fading. I know this since I do track days and local races in my track car.

As for the adjustment of the brakes you just said there isn't and yet you comment on how I can adjust the brakes Basically, your answer of the angle is what I was looking for. You always have a way of making a form of adjustment. Braided lines I've noticed aren't worth the money unless you are really pushing the limits of braking or you have very old lines, even though I might consider it down the road for a mere appearance perspective.

The main issue is the required force and movement of the pedal to actuate an action for the brake to lock. All the bikes I've ridden are not even close to this loose as I shouldn't have to put most of my weight and have the pedal travel as far as it does to get a required action.

Originally Posted by KongBastard
The reason no one has told you how to "adjust" the rear brakes is because there is no adjustment for the rear brakes. They are disc brakes not drums so there is nothing to do.

You can however adjust the angle of the brake pedal which can make it seem like you are not pressing as hard. If you set it so it sits higher, that will help. Be careful to not set it too high as your foot will ride the pedal and cause the brakes to over heat.

The hotter the rear brakes get the more they will fade and the harder you will have to press on the pedal to get the same stopping effect. They are light duty so if you use thema lot they will overheat quickly.

You can also change the fluid, lubricate the pins the carriers ride on, change to a braided line or just replace the line with a stock item.

Unless the line has been replaced in the past it is old enough to be getting weak and soft which has a huge effect on braking effectiveness.

KongBastard

Old 07-22-2009 | 12:31 AM

mines actually set no to lockup, but it will hold at a stop. Have you used a jar of fluid and some tubing while bleeding the brakes to ensure you get all the air out and not get any back in the system?

Old 07-22-2009 | 03:21 AM
|

I haven't gotten to working out the bits in the rear just yet. When I do, I'll bleed it properly. Was seeing if anyone had some quick suggestions and I am very happy with the replies thus far.