CBR 600F 1987 - 1990 CBR 600F Forum

Need help with finding CBR exhaust and downpipes/headers

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2012, 07:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with finding CBR exhaust and downpipes/headers

I am currently restoring my 1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane. I am having some trouble finding an aftermarket exhaust system. I've been looking everywhere online and can not seem to find any. I thought I got lucky today when I did some research and followed the link to "explosive power sports" that someone posted.

So I went to their website and I thought it was fate when I saw a D&D exhaust system with down pipe and headers for $350. I pay and order, but 15 minutes later I get an e-mail saying the exhaust was discontinued and get a refund. Since then, I've been looking but can't find anything...

SOMEONE, ANYONE, please direct me as to where I can find a decent exhaust system for my CBR.

Old 05-18-2012, 11:38 AM
Default ebay possibly?

Hey I have an 87 cane as well. I just got an aftermarket loud pipe from a friend that sold his f2. It fit over the headers just but the mounting plate was off to the left about 2 inches if I am remembering correctly. I just made a little bracket out of some iron and shot it black with high heat enamel. Looks great.

About a week ago on ebay there was a yoshimura exhaust system for an f1! (First I've ever seen) Not sure if its still on there, some shop parted out a bike and put tons of cane stuff on there.

About the headers, if you have yours but there in bad shape there are a few routes you can take. you can have them beadblasted and shoot them with exhaust enamel. This does work I just did it you just need to make sure you prep them properly and bake them according to the can's instructions. Obviously it will eventually burn off but I figure if it lasts for a couple years I'm fine with shooting them every other year. (I'm cheap i know but I don't have much money, lol).
The other route you can take is to have them ceramic coated professionally. From what I hear this is the best route as far as durability but is a bit more expensive.

Hope this helps,
Sam

Old 09-15-2012, 07:41 PM

Your best bet will be to buy a used header system off Ebay then buy a aftermarket exhaust with mid pipe. I got a awesome delkevic open race can and mid pipe for.like $120