CBR 600F 1987 - 1990 CBR 600F Forum

Finally some pics of my cafe/fighter!

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 11:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Finally some pics of my cafe/fighter!

ORIGINAL: bardenk1

hey i am new here and i saw your bike while searching for ideas and i love it i wanna do kinda the same thing you did hope you don't mind. i'm in nj so i don't think anyone will know. lol i was just curious what did you do about all of the wiring on your bike the fuse box and all of those connectors in front? thanks any other info about what you did to strip your bike down to give it the look would be greatly appreciated.
Thats totally fine man go for it!!!! I think removing the plastic not only makes it look much better but it also makes it a ton easier to work on...
the wiring... wellllll Its pretty much all jumbled up behind the headlight, I would really like to clean it up and I will eventually. as of now I just wrapped the fuse box in plastic so it wont get wet. I relocated the key to the left side of the frame so that got rid of quite a few wires. I reallly dont need any of the instrument cluster wires or connectors but I still dont want to cut the wiring harness.
other things I did were...
def get rid of the rear hugger, I made my own rectangal piiece of plastic that fit in the subframe to act as a fender.
I moved the computer thing from the subframe to in the batterie box
cut some of the mounts on the subframe that were hanging down
painted the subframe black which i think really helped
you can screw aftermarket turn signals into the holes on the rear of the subframe
get some sort of custom gauge set up bc that huge thing is hideous
ditch or cut the front fender, you really need one and i have been searching for a cheap if not free alternative maybe f2 or f3 ?

I love cafe bikes and that was my inspiration. my dad has a cafe norton 850 and cb450 and my first bike was a sears gilera 106ss that my dad made a custom solo seat and upside down bicycle handlebars bc the originals were too high for me, I drove that up and down or duirt road from when I was 9 till I got a 94 cr125 when I was 16. I got the cane supppper cheap wrecked in the front end with some replacement plastic but I alwasy thought they looked like a honda PC, pacific coast, or as my dad calls it honda PC, Plastic Coated.
so I decided I would make it into a cafe fighter type bike.
if ya have any more questions just shoot me a message

Also gotta love the soda holder!!!!!!
Its actually my coolant over flow bottle. Bud light alunimum bottle , specail St. Pattys day edition

Old 04-23-2008, 04:05 PM

thanks man thats awesome! i am doing the body work myself but the bike hasnt ran in two years so im just dropping it off at some guy i know who said hell get it running good. yea the reason i was asking about the wiring is i didnt know whats really invovled in keeping these bikes running. cause what i would like to do is rip the stock fuse block off the side mount it near the battery box or in it. then on rewire the following
- headlight
-tailight
-blinkers
-starter (would actually leave those wires)
- speedo
- and maybe a tach.

i was reading through the diagram and theres all these solinoids and computer harnesses and **** i feel like if i did that the bike would never run again. anyway sorry to ramble and jack your thread but i think your bike is sick and its being used a platform for my bike thanks man

Old 04-23-2008, 04:30 PM

Coolant overflow bottle, very neat!!!! Now that i look at it a bit more i see the hose!!!!!

Old 04-23-2008, 05:06 PM

yeh I really didnt want to mess with the wiring harness at all. my plan is to eventually just extend the wires I need up front and stash the fuses and the rest of wires under the tank maybe getting rid of one of the air box ducts.

I really would like a tach bc I have no idea what rpms i am pulling when i rip on it.
I really wouldnt know how to do it, actually just 10min ago I picked up a guage cluster from a honda magna and I think I will tear that aprt and maybe use the tach even though it doesnt go up very high? I just wanted to keep my stock instrument cluster intact for the purpose of selling it.

Old 04-23-2008, 05:19 PM

siick bike mano! what are the specs on the pipe? im trying to find a yoshimura for my 87
b

Old 04-23-2008, 05:48 PM

uhhh pipe came with it i chopped it down though, the black part not the can it self, bc before it stuck out like past the taillights

Old 04-23-2008, 05:50 PM

do you know what the numbers are on the pipe itself? i want to be able to find that exact one... unless you have any suggestions for pimp 1987 cbr pipes

Old 04-23-2008, 06:50 PM

ummmm I can get the numbers in a few weeks, I am at school 3 hours from the bike.

the pipe I wanted to run but NY wouldnt let me was I made an adapter flange to mount an old VW stinger exhaust on. It sounded and looked soooooooooooooo sick, but deemed WAY to loud for inspection

Old 04-23-2008, 08:29 PM

oh sweet, thanks dude! want me to follow up and remind you in three weeks?
b

Old 04-23-2008, 08:34 PM

go for it... any slip on from a 600cc bike will really work if you can weld it or clamp it onto your exhaust