CBR 1100XX "Super Blackbird" 1998 - 2003 CBR 1000XX

someone goofed up

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2009, 02:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default someone goofed up

As I was putting my 'bird back together from another issue, I happened to notice that my rear/inner brake pad was rubbing the rim...I ripped it apart to find out that someone must have done brakes before I bought her and forgot to put the pad retainer clip back in the caliper mounting bracket and the pads wore out the aluminum bracket to the point of letting the pads slide down and the inner start rubbing the rim...I have to replace the bracket and retainer clip and get a rim sometime down the road...unemployed and money is tight...I have included some pics...some people don't belong working on bikes I guess...glad I caught it before anything major happened...

Attached Thumbnails someone goofed up-015.jpg   someone goofed up-009.jpg   someone goofed up-001.jpg  
Old 07-27-2009, 07:50 PM

Seems to me I read this somewhere else... LOL

Let me know if you need help bro.

Old 07-27-2009, 10:34 PM

Yeah I put it up on two other forums dedicated to Blackbirds. I believe I have some help on the way. May get her back up and riding sooner than I thought. Thanks for the offer. Cheers.

Old 08-02-2009, 01:35 AM
Default Update

Just goes to show that there are still some Angels in this world...a fellow 'bird rider from SoCal named hammerandtongs (aka Dan) from one of the 'bird sites had a bracket he wasn't using and sent it to me out of the kindness of his heart...never met the man but he knew that money was tight for me and he didn't need the bracket, so I got it yesterday and my 'bird will be back flying soon...I hope that I can return the favor someday...a huge thanks to Dan and those that chimed in on my plight...Cheers.

Old 08-02-2009, 11:59 PM
Default back flyin' again

Well, I got the bracket swapped out today and took her for a spin, she's flyin' happy again...here's a pic of the new vs old and the damage from not putting the pad retainer in the bracket...cheers.

Attached Thumbnails someone goofed up-013.jpg