CBR 1100XX "Super Blackbird" 1998 - 2003 CBR 1000XX

Power Commander

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2005 | 04:35 PM
Default Power Commander

Im sure you guys get hammered by this question a lot, but Im contemplating a power commander for my bike. I have a full two bros carbon single exhaust, a +2 swingarm, and a tooth missing on the front sprocket. I'm not that interested in throttle response if thats the majority of what that will get me, I'm more interested in horsepower (if my bike responds slow, then I will twist the throttle sooner). The majority of my excessive displays of acceleration will be in a straight line. If I feel like carving corners I will buy a lighter bike some other time. Also Power commanders sight shows that I am not eligible for the latest and greatest (USBIII), what will I be missing out on? I am a glutton for information so let me have it.

Old 08-15-2005 | 11:14 PM
Default RE: Power Commander

Well lets put it this way, even if it doesnt add horsepower, but I think it will add a few; it will clean up the power delivery and therefore make it able to put power down...horsepower is useless unless you can transfer it to the ground..
The USB version is just a simpler version for the home mechanic and uses updated technology and it keeps the cost down normally

Old 10-25-2007 | 06:57 AM

ORIGINAL: amccorm

Im sure you guys get hammered by this question a lot, but Im contemplating a power commander for my bike. I have a full two bros carbon single exhaust, a +2 swingarm, and a tooth missing on the front sprocket. I'm not that interested in throttle response if thats the majority of what that will get me, I'm more interested in horsepower (if my bike responds slow, then I will twist the throttle sooner). The majority of my excessive displays of acceleration will be in a straight line. If I feel like carving corners I will buy a lighter bike some other time. Also Power commanders sight shows that I am not eligible for the latest and greatest (USBIII), what will I be missing out on? I am a glutton for information so let me have it.

Old 10-29-2007 | 03:53 PM

Well lets put it this way, even if it doesnt add horsepower, but I think it will add a few; it will clean up the power delivery and therefore make it able to put power down...horsepower is useless unless you can transfer it to the ground..
The USB version is just a simpler version for the home mechanic and uses updated technology and it keeps the cost down normally
+1. I say do it.
If you dont care about it being smooth in the way it comes on the power then you haven't ridden a good one yet. Once you do you'll never want to go back to a crappy throttle responsive bike. I put it on my stock GSX-R 1000 and liked the difference it made right away.