Yoshimura RS-5 Slip-on for cbr 1000rr

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2012, 04:28 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yoshimura RS-5 Slip-on for cbr 1000rr

Hi all! Im gonna put Yoshimura RS-5 Slip-on to my honda cbr 1000rr fireblade, is it worth of prize? I have tryied seek some videos and clips for sounds but always camera's lying about REAL sound, so i would love to hear opinions of that from you guys, if anyone have that rs-5 slip-on attached to cbr 1000rr.

I really dont need anymore power for my bike but i wanna some crazy sounds! so i think slip-on better than full system, but is there lots of difference on sounds? slip-on vs full system

(Sorry my bad english, im from finland) heh

Old 02-26-2012, 11:02 AM

I'm running an Rs-5 slip-on on my 05 1000RR. I like it alot. It sounds good with a real raspy sound. Its not one of the loudest out there, but its not the quietest either. I haven't had any issues with it at all. I know some will "burn-in" and become louder as the packing inside becomes denser and less effective. But mine has been about the same sound since I put it on over 20000 miles ago. The nice thing as well is they have a slight turn down on the exit. Be wary of the ones that do not do this. Even a slight turn down will direct the noise away from the rider. If there is no turndown, the rider can experience a lot of drone at speed. It can become very annoying.

If your looking for rediculously loud, look into D&D. Also, I believe Laser is quite loud for the 04-07 1000RR. But compared to stock, any slip-on will be dramatically louder.

Nice sound ( if you like the raspy higher pitch versus the deep rumble)
good quality
decent price.

Old 02-26-2012, 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by justasquid
I'm running an Rs-5 slip-on on my 05 1000RR. I like it alot. It sounds good with a real raspy sound. Its not one of the loudest out there, but its not the quietest either. I haven't had any issues with it at all. I know some will "burn-in" and become louder as the packing inside becomes denser and less effective. But mine has been about the same sound since I put it on over 20000 miles ago. The nice thing as well is they have a slight turn down on the exit. Be wary of the ones that do not do this. Even a slight turn down will direct the noise away from the rider. If there is no turndown, the rider can experience a lot of drone at speed. It can become very annoying.

If your looking for rediculously loud, look into D&D. Also, I believe Laser is quite loud for the 04-07 1000RR. But compared to stock, any slip-on will be dramatically louder.

Nice sound ( if you like the raspy higher pitch versus the deep rumble)
good quality
decent price.
Thank you really much for this great answer, this was just a perfect what i was looking for I think im gonna stick with yoshimura, because if its getting too loud then its just getting so annouying when driving abit longer trips heh and that slight turn down on the exit is great deal then!

Im looking for sounds what you can hear in MotoGB races, ah that sound is sooo amazing! Well i think everybody here love sounds of em

Yeah well i think Yoshimura provides whole packade, as you said "nice sound + good quality and decent price" sounds really good to me.

Between have you removed silencer out of pipe?

Old 02-26-2012, 02:15 PM

I have not removed the baffle from the exhaust. You need to be careful with removing the silencer. It can in some cases actually hurt your performance. The slip-ons are a straight thru design and allow a very free flowing exhaust. If you remove the silencer, you run the risk of creating turbulence within the slipon. Not only actual physical disturbances, but also harmonic ones. The harmonics acting against each other can be just as power robbing as the physical backpressure issues. Most slipons are tuned so each exhaust pulse actually pulls the next pulse with it. If you don't have the silencer, it could cause the pulses to move at different rates and bounce all over instead of just flowing through, especially inside an empty can. It might be ok at ilde and low rpms. But as soon as the rpms go up, that exhaust needs to be as free flowing as possible, or your highend performance will suffer.

If you really want one loud, look for a race baffle. but some tuning may be required with a PowerCommander to get the most from it. I would not suggest ever gutting or removing the baffle from an exhaust.

Old 02-26-2012, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by justasquid
I have not removed the baffle from the exhaust. You need to be careful with removing the silencer. It can in some cases actually hurt your performance. The slip-ons are a straight thru design and allow a very free flowing exhaust. If you remove the silencer, you run the risk of creating turbulence within the slipon. Not only actual physical disturbances, but also harmonic ones. The harmonics acting against each other can be just as power robbing as the physical backpressure issues. Most slipons are tuned so each exhaust pulse actually pulls the next pulse with it. If you don't have the silencer, it could cause the pulses to move at different rates and bounce all over instead of just flowing through, especially inside an empty can. It might be ok at ilde and low rpms. But as soon as the rpms go up, that exhaust needs to be as free flowing as possible, or your highend performance will suffer.

If you really want one loud, look for a race baffle. but some tuning may be required with a PowerCommander to get the most from it. I would not suggest ever gutting or removing the baffle from an exhaust.
Oh! thanks mate, thats good to know before i do anything wrong with that! All the time i have thought that it will only change it abit louder but didnt know anything about all of those problems what could happens after removing that.

I think best thing to me is just wait for summer and install Yoshimura slip-on with silencer and then on the road and enjoy! Maybe someday when i have extra money i could buy full system + rest of things.