CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   CBR 1000RR (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-1000rr-13/)
-   -   +too much power? (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-1000rr-13/too-much-power-21479/)

AZ1000rr 08-28-2006 05:18 PM

RE: +too much power?

ORIGINAL: Tahoe SC

STOP POSTING IN THIS THREAD AND GO TO THE SHOP AND GET THAT BIKE ALREADY AND TELL ME HOW IT FEELS MANG>>>>TAHOE COMMANDS IT!
+1 tahoe.....I hope bran is one of the serious ones, i really think alot of the time, guys who aren't really getting a bike ask this question. I hope this one isn't the case. Our sport is too much fun to simply sit online and talk about it....speaking of which, its lunch time, so I am going to take a spin

az cbr 1 08-28-2006 06:41 PM

Love reading all these comparisions between the two bikes. You liter guys give great feedback which is very helpful IMO. Curious, are there any of you that have both but more importantly ride both? Or is it one of those things where once you ride the 1000 you never go back to the 600?

brancart1 08-28-2006 07:02 PM

im still waiting for my bike to get sold, lol sorry if i keep buggin the $hit out of ya'll,

AZ1000rr 08-28-2006 09:08 PM

ORIGINAL: az cbr 1

Love reading all these comparisions between the two bikes. You liter guys give great feedback which is very helpful IMO. Curious, are there any of you that have both but more importantly ride both? Or is it one of those things where once you ride the 1000 you never go back to the 600?
Can't speak for anyone but me, but I own a 1krr and have ridden the 600rr extensively, both street and track.....can't go back???? I wouldn't say that, I am considering a 600rr for a track bike this fall. 1krr is just to much for the small tracks around here. ALL CBRs are great bikes, the 1st cbr i ever rode was an 86 cbr900...no rr, no fairing, and in its day, it too was fast. Honda makes a top quality bike, up and down their product line, always have and hopefully always will. They don't get the press that kawi & suzuki do, but IMO they are the best quality, most relialbe and easiest to ride sportbikes you can buy....I just don't see how you could go wrong.

AZ1000rr 08-28-2006 09:12 PM

ORIGINAL: brancart1

im still waiting for my bike to get sold, lol sorry if i keep buggin the $hit out of ya'll,
and no worries bran....you sound serious about buying the bike.....its just that this topic comes up so often and in recent months, there have been some people that have really tried to bash anyone considering the 1krr....and we never seem to hear back from the person that started the thread, so for all we know, they were asking a hot topic just to stir stuff up, with no intention of actually buying a bike.

brancart1 08-28-2006 09:13 PM

yea thats very true, does it kinda make you mad that honda doesnt get nearly as much press time as the other companies? I mean i completely agree with you on the fact that honda makes the best quality, but i think it kinda sucks that other companies are getting so much glory. I think yamaha has made some really awesome looking bikes but sometimes its not always about looks.

AZ1000rr 08-28-2006 09:14 PM

nah, makes all those gxsr and ninja riders wanna race you cuz there are so sure they can win, it says so in the magazine they read

AZ1000rr 08-28-2006 09:16 PM

And I agree with Yamaha, we i was young and full of ..... i used to race for the local yamaha shop, in the 80's that fzr750 was serious machine....still is i guess but IMO i just don't like the looks anymore, and my buds R1 is a nightmare to ride around town.....

YellowJacket1000RR 08-29-2006 02:48 AM

Just came back from a 200 mile ride with 18 other riders: Everything from Busa's, to R1's to CBR F4i's, 600RR, and 1000RR, GXR600's 750's, 1000, R6's, ZX6R and ZX14's. The variance in the riders was FAR GREATER than the variance in the bikes. A girl in an F4i was ripping me up on the corners while at the same time and in the same corners I was ripping up a guy with an R1. A Busa was on my arse for part of the ride, while on another part a ZX14 could not follow me through the corners, he was diving at every turn.

I did get one injury though. Struck in the cheekbone by some bug that made it precisely through the 3/8 inch gap in my face shield at about 80mph. Left a bruise. I though I had been shot in the face at the time and nearly stopped to check the injury but shook off the stun. It still hurts today. I have no idea what kind of bug it was. Later I was hit on my collar bone by probably the same kind of bug. Felt like a 22 had hit me right through my mesh armor.

brancart1 08-29-2006 04:28 AM

lol man that sucks, i would have to say htting a bumblebee is prolly the worst ive gotten, except for my faceshield was up and he landed right inside my helmet after smacking my cheek at 40 mph. Only funny thing is that when he hit, i guess he was stunned because about 15 minutes later i opened my faceshiled and then he flew out. i was blow away.