Titanium or Carbon?

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2005, 03:03 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Titanium or Carbon?

My Titanium CBR 1000RR is here!!! After weeks of waiting it's finally here, now I just have to get some time off work to fill out the paper work at ride that baby home!
So the first thing to go is obviously the rear 'fender' or number plate assembly (depending on where your from). That bits easy; the hard bit is deciding on a new can. I've narrowed my choices down to Jardine, Termingnoni and Akrapovic — pluss I'm still not sure if I should go for Carbon Fiber or Titanium. My first thought was "Titanium bike = Titanium exhaust", but that's not to say I don't like Carbon Fiber, I love the stuff!
I need a little help from you guys, otherwise I'm going to procrastinate over this for way too long.

Old 08-02-2005, 09:06 AM
Default RE: Titanium or Carbon?

Titanium is a great look but if you are looking for heat reduction get the carbon fiber. I had a Carbon Fiber Jardine pipe for a while and after riding I could still lightly touch the pipe. With my titanium 2 bros pipe I have now I will burn myself if I am not careful.

Old 08-02-2005, 11:39 AM

Lomo:

I originally ordered a titanium for my titanium but after playing around in photo shop and seeing other people's bikes on this forum I thought the carbon actually looked better. It seemed to compliment the black logos and the darkness of the paint as opposed to a bright can.

I have pictures posted under "a few px of my titanium" if you want to see.

Old 08-04-2005, 01:41 AM

Yeah, I think your right Chinchilla — Carbon will suite the Titanium colour the best. But what about the brand!? I still have to decide between Jardine, Termingnoni and Akrapovic. I know Jardine was/is designed with the Honda race team, but what about the GP pedigree of Termingnoni? Surely they know what there doing! Akrapovic is a company I don't know much about, other than they are a bit more expensive than the others.