t-rex frame sliders

Old 11-24-2007, 11:38 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default t-rex frame sliders

I was just wondering how many of you are using the t-rex frame sliders. I was looking for stands and saw frame sliders on their website. They are very reasonably priced and they seem to be constructed of good material. They are no cuts and I know how some of you feel about that. Hell, for $43 it doesnt seem like they would be that good.

Any suggestions or opinions on them?

Old 01-18-2008, 11:35 AM
Default RE: t-rex frame sliders

I just bought these for my RC51. They have GREAT Customer Serviceand took care of a very minor problem I had quickly and without question!I've read on other forums that the material they're made of (Delrin Acetal plastic)is not the right material for a Frame Slider and your bike could go into a tumble as a result. I think that's a bunch of crap!!! Based on where they are positioned (at least on my RC-51)andwhat they're made of, combined with the weight of the bike, if you "low-side" on the street they'll do just fine. There's no way a frame slider is going to cause you topop up into a tumble unless it hits something pretty substantial. On a typical "Street" surfacemy bike will slide on the Frame Slider, Rear-set,Handle Bar, mirror, Exhaust System, rear fairingand Swing-arm Slider to a stop. I'm happy with mine. They're designed totake the hit and damageand save crucial parts ofyour bike and possibly your leg as well. They're disposable so why spend more!

Old 01-18-2008, 11:59 AM
Default RE: t-rex frame sliders

I too have heard that at hight speeds they will do nothing to protect your bike, might evan cause more damage than good, But at lower speeds they can take a fall pretty good. Spm,e protection is better than no protection. If your like me and don't want to run the risk of damaging your fairings by cutting holes into them, then give them a shot.